Metro 2033 Screen Tearing help?

Hey guys, I've had this game in my steam library for a long time, finally decided to play it in preparation for Last Light however I'm having serious screen tearing issues which make the game unplayable and so far nothing has helped. As the game doesn't have a V-sync option I've tried forcing it through both Catalyst Control Center and D3DOverrider. CCC does cap the frate rate but has no affect on the screen tearing while launching with D3DOverrider (which some people have found to work) the .exe simply crashes immediately. If any of you guys have any experience with this game I'd appreciate the help as I'd really like to play it. I'm using a i53570K clocked at 4.2GHz with a Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970.

Have you tried disabling Themes and compositing? I've had a very similar issue with TF2 on Linux Mint, but changing the session from Cinnamon to GNOME Classic fixed it (which disabled compositing).

Do you get screen tearing with any other games?  If so then you may need to RMA your video card.

I've had screen tearing zero problems with other games. It seems this is a very common issue with Metro.