Metro 2033 help (unstable graphics)

Hey, whenver i play metro 2033 it comes up with D3D error. graphics card not supported and every so often it crashes. I got throught the first mission fine seconds mission it crashes often. I have the 3570k and im running metro on hd 4000 integrated (and to be honest, it runs damn good, lowest overall settings 25-35 fps) The D3D warning comes up when i first boot the game but it lets me carry on, then occasionally it crashes, anyone know a way to prevent the crashes?

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. You really need a dedicated graphics card. That game rapes the shit out of a computer to run. GET A DEDICATED GRAPHICS CARD.

Get a 7850, plays Metro buttery smooth;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102999

It also comes with Far Cry 3 and Hitman: Absolution for FREE

dammit i knew people would recommend graphics cards -_- im getting a 7970 at christmas, i just wanted to know if there was a way to fix the error

I'm not sure if there is a way to fix it. Metro 2033 was designed to be a beautiful game, and most dedicated graphics cards have trouble running it as a result. Integrated graphics aren't going to run the game very well at all.

Do some googling around and see if anyone else is having the same problem. You should be able to run it pretty decently after you get that 7970 though. Also, if you installed it through steam, you could try verifying the game cache. Also, make sure your Intel chipset drivers are installed correctly.

try updating your DirectX as well

updated drivers, ill give them a twirl on metro later to see if it works now

wont even play now, just crashes