I would like to know what are you using for mobile messaging.
By mobile messaging I mean whatsapp, viber, messenger, skype etc…
As we all know, if there’s something “free”, then you are the product.
That and permission hunger keeps me from using theses apps. Companies selling your data for advertisement / 3rd party companies don’t make it any better.
I’m starting to feel “alone” on this planet concerned about my privacy, contacts and messages. None of my friends / family seem to care, and basically say
Yeah, whatever. If reading my messages makes Mr. Sugarhill happy, let him be happy.
I’m not that interesting. There are millions of people around the globe, why would anyone care about me.
Additionally, I’m using ancient smartphone - stuck on Lollipop, therefore permission control is nonexistent (I can either approve all of them, or don’t install the app at all.)
I see the situation following:
- All of my friends are using facebook. They simply don’t care.
- Those “luckier” (iFruit) use Facetime
- Whatsapp - although different app, still owned by facebook.
- Skype, well skype. For some obscure reason I stopped getting notifications on computer. Even clean install of computer and skype didn’t help.
- Hangouts - yeah, google. From all of those, this seem to be most acceptable solution. Google already knows ton about you, as long as you’re using android. There are roms without google applications. But most of people install gapps anyway, to get access to play store.
Is there something, what would you recommend, is preferrably cross-platform and doesn’t ask for permission to take my kidney, whenever they wish to?