Meshify XL 3d printed front door standoffs

The Meshify XL is a super great case but the design does not allow for mounting regular thickness fans to the front of the chassis, immediately behind the mesh door panel.

I didn’t like this so I designed 3d printable standoffs which create just a bit more space between the door and chassis, without permanent modification of the case. They basically function as adapters fitting between the existing mating surfaces. This allows for more flexibility in custom water loops.

The .stl files are attached. There is a “hinge” side and a “latch” side, 3 copies of each are required. The “long” versions are a first draft with 10mm offset. This brings the panel flush with the bezel and didn’t look very good to me but it allows for the dust filter to be used. The “short” versions are a second attempt and have 6.6mm offset - this helps keep the factory look by recessing the door as much as possible (this version is used in the last photo above) . The dust filter can be used with these but it is an…uh…interference fit and probably kills fan performance. Also it looks bad.

The photos might make things self-evident, but a few comments on use:

-the latch side only slides over the existing plastic bit from the outer edge of the panel in the orientation shown in my photo. You cannot slide them on from the other direction because the round bit on the door is tapered.

-the hinge pieces are sort of finicky to mount but are surprisingly secure once all 3 are clipped in. They introduce a second pivot point that I am too lazy to design out. All this means is that the door has a bit of freedom side-to-side - the first time you close the door the latches will probably not line up. Correct this by carefully pushing or pulling the door horizontally so the hinge extensions align perpendicularly with the front of the case.

-the parts print in the orientation shown above. The hinges need a bit of support material under the “male” side because of the stepped design. prusa slicer’s automatic supports worked fine.

Hopefully someone else out there finds this useful.

latch.stl (53.2 KB) short hinge.stl (319.1 KB) short latch.stl (51.1 KB) hinge.stl (326.6 KB)

8 Likes

Very cool, and ingenious.

This topic was automatically closed after 273 days. New replies are no longer allowed.