Mesh WIFI

I am looking at getting a new mesh networking ap’s. I will have a ethernet backhaul. Any good ones out there?

They’re not mesh if they’ve got a single wireless backhaul.

Ubiquiti is the default/go-to choice for many. (Typically anything with hd in the name these days). They have unifi 6 ap lite and unifi 6 ap lr, finally available for pre-order (they’ve been available for early access / pre release hardware-software since May).

There’s many other options (engenius makes some, tp link omada has some, mikrotik has some…)

What’s your budget, urgency, do you care about WiFi 6 at this point, do you already have poe switches, how many APs do you need?

3 Likes

Like @risk said, Ubiquiti is the go-to for many. I have some experience with MikroTik. TP-Link has devices, the list goes on.

I like used Rukus gear now, had Ubiquiti ap pro before.

I’ve used Asus AiMesh (RT-AC86U x2) on wired backhaul as well as Ubiquiti NanoHDs (x3), both with much success.

Depends on budget, use-case(s), and space you need to cover (sq. ft./walls/floors/etc).

Wendell has taken a liking to EnGenius, though I have no experience with that setup.

I have also used TP-Link devices, though not their mesh products so I can’t speak to them but I think they’re are pretty reliable brand.

Thanks for the input everyone.