Mesh network volunteers

i really would like 2 c this take off.. check what ive been helping out w/... 

pittmesh.net

Yes but most of the software can be used by openvpn as well.

Sounds great, but it's not really a local mesh network. The goal is to use openvpn and some other software to make something similar to an actual mesh network but across multiple locations. Send me an email and I'll keep you informed.

Prototype, do you use PGP, also, did you get my PM? I didn't know it, but the private messaging system of this forum software just sends unencrypted emails, and I'd prefer to not use it as a means of communication.

Yes I do use PGP, as long as I can find your public key I can send stuff to you. Also no I didn't get anything, my email is [email protected] . My public key is floating around somewhere on a public key server, send me a test email and then I'll send you my public key.

I'll have to create a new email and keys for it later when I get a chance. I'll post everything publicly.

The messaging system here is terrible. There's a high failure rate.

Is there a way we could use this for LAN games as well? Just a thought...would eliminate all that tedious port forwarding garbage :P

Yeah except that it might not have a very fast ping, it's going to be encrypted. Akamai Netsession is a viable alternative to port forwarding. However if you're looking to build a giant LAN that everyone can play LAN games on, something where everyone connects to a central server, then look into hosting a VPN. I'm using OpenVPN for this project and it's probably the best solution for what you're trying to do, lots of documentation.