Mentioned on the WAN show

@wendell and I rated a mention on today's wan show.

6 Likes

It is funny how right after the mention windows decides it wants to revolt. Luke's linux virtualized windows gaming/streaming pc is would be a great collaboration......

1 Like

A bit disingenuous though, Windows 10 allows you to set a time window for when it is allowed to restart. These guys run a tech channel and they cant work that out themselves?

I cannot believe that was anything other than something staged for effect

2 Likes

LTT figure stuff out for them self's? They stopped doing that years ago, now they just get people to do that if luke is to lazy to do it.

2 Likes

hahaha

1 Like

Hay it is a thing. Windows is fucking with peoples life more and more. It may be microsoft testing limits. Still I switched years ago now to linux and while shit dont work sometimes Im the mindset it not from hate only not enough people do this yet for it to be a thing.

dat dur run on sentence yada yada

I got a few mentions on The WAN Show before but those days are gone. I no longer watch the show and for good reasons.

Love it when some tech tubers try to stream they spend the first 30min tinkering with sound, network, sync or whatever. "ARE WE LIVE?!??!" "WE GOT PROBLEMZ BCUZ SKAJP" sigh...

1 Like

for me it is a bit of Saturday morning entertainment. There is very little actual news I get out of it.

It matches the professionalism of the reviews

3 Likes

LTT has turned completely into "staged for effect" - theres no real tech happening there, just a computer-themed prank channel.

1 Like

LTT is garbage now - the forum is garbage, the videos they produce are garbage, and its kind of sad. That channel got me into PC Gaming/Building PCs, but It has become such a dumpster fire of Linus putting himself on a pedestal. I've said 100 times and I will say it 100 more - L1T actually cares about the viewers and forum users and caters to what they want to know. When @Wendell gives advice in the forum or helps people out in videos it is super amazing and thats why I love it here.

ok, /rant.

LTT aims to get views and they do that. People apparently want pranks and goofs. etc.

Hmm yeah allready a pretty old topic that got revived.

But maybe a cool idea to do a scrapyard war challenge between diffrent tech channels?

2 Likes

Which is truly a shame - They went from being very informative and objective to being aimed solely at getting views and being super subjective....and the hate for apple came out of NOWHERE there...

Could someone give the time codes for the mention?

21:54

The video is already pre-stamped at that time.

Shit, thanks

1 Like

For better or worse LTT isn't what it used to be. I think they hit market saturation and wanted to continue growing. It's the struggle of who to blame; the creators for creating lowest common denominator content, or the consumer for being attracted to that content.

1 Like