Memory timings: Asus WRX80E-SAGE

Just built a new system. It works with default memory timings, but I’m having trouble getting the memory setup correctly.
I got this Corsair 8 stick kit: CMW256GX4M8E3200C16
I don’t see DOCP in BIOS anywhere so it seems like I need to set all the timings manually, and when I do, the PC doesn’t POST, and I get code “Ad” rather quickly.
(Side note: When I set the 1600mhz value to achieve 3200mhz this is all that works being set manually so far.)
There’s around 2 dozen memory timing settings, and I’m setting these:
Tcl (CAS), Trcdrd, Trcdwr, Trp, Tras, and Trc Ctrl.

I’ve been making PCs 20+ years, but I usually have the XMP or DOCP that I can toggle and since I don’t see that ability here, I’m a bit noob this deep into the rabbit hole.
This kit is not on the QVL, so currently I’m chalking it up to it not being supported and have a few days before I’m returning it to amazon. Tried getting help from corsair support and got nowhere.
I’d prefer to keep this kit, because if I can get the timings working, it would be better than anything on the QVL at this capacity.

Overclocking is not supported on tr pro. Your best bet is 8 channels of ecc 3200

Can you at least force the fabric to stay in 1:1 mode at 3200? On Epyc Rome, 3200 RAM causes a latency penalty because the FCLK does not go to 1600. On Milan, this is rectified, but TR pro is a gen behind Milan.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.