Memory Layout on ECC RAM

Yep :frowning:

I think I’m gonna return my ram and just run off of some spare ram for now and watch the market. Memory prices are dropping pretty fast right now anyway.

Just got it to throw the error. 2733mhz 1T 14-15-15-16-42

It detected the error and corrected it, hence it shows zero errors in the error counter in the middle right side.

I just set my test to just do row hammer, as I figured it would be the most likely to flip a bit. It worked, quickly. Only a minute into the test with flaky timings and I was able to produce the error.

1 Like

Oh that’s pretty promising. I already returned the ram, but when I buy a new kit, I will be verifying it using memtest. It’s good to see with my own eyes that it can report corrected errors :slight_smile:

1 Like

after more testing, I found that if the timings are too flaky it will usually flip a bit, and then crash, probably because too many errors are happening. But if the timings are just barely not stable and it takes a few mins on rowhammer test 13 to flip a bit, it usually will be able to finish the test with a bunch of errors spaced out. I found it was easier to get some ecc corrected errors by adjusting the the timings other than CL.