Meme Repo

Simple: I created a public repo with Kewldudes memes so we can have a git flow process to add more.

Send me your Github account name if you want to be an Admin of this repo.

1 Like

O snap @kewldude007 he is coming at that title

2 Likes

Well you aren’t adding more to my version but fork as you please.

2 Likes

Do you want some acknowledgement in the readme or something?

No.

@FaunCB look a meme repo.

Mmhmm

1 Like

6 Likes

So this one time in band camp

5 Likes

Can we just post memes here and someone will add them?
For copyright reasons I tried my best to make one myself, not sure if it’s good enough.

2 Likes

I think anybody can open a pull request. Not sure how that works for non collaborators. I can say at least for collaborators of the repo can add it. I can do this one later.

I just uploaded it

1 Like

Thanks! Also, not wanting to open Pandoras box here but how does copyright work with memes? I can’t just pull anything from the internet and upload it right?

Good question but I am not sure, pretty sure as long as it falls into fair use the GPL covers the collection of memes as they are. Not each individual meme.

hmmm …
I’ll err on the side of caution and try to somehow make my own to add to the repo.

Are you in the EU?

Haha, that’s a trick question right? :grin:
Yes, I am

2 Likes

Oof, you’re off to the gulag then.

1 Like

Wonder how that would work being that I created the repo in the US, Github is owned by an American company , and we through the GPL in there?

Solution:

Welcome to America @anotherriddle we will pack your bags

I really don’t think you can make gpl apply to the currently 7800+ images, many of which have brand logos, stock images and generally things that could be claimed.

But I’m not getting into a legal discussion because that is way more effort than I am willing to put forth.

2 Likes