Mellanos MT26448 blue screen on Windows

Hello everyone!

I recently purchased 2 mellanox MT26448 10gig cards to connect both my main PC and my Unraid Server along with a Mikrotik switch. I had no problems with the server and it’s currently up with the new card.
My main tower though is getting a blue screen with the card installed. Windows 10 with the latest updates.

It points to mlx4eth64.sys which I believe is a Mellanox driver, I uninstalled everything that relates to it.

I also tried with a live Ubuntu image an it worked without any hiccup.

My rig is currently: R7 3700x, 2080 Super, 8x4 hyperx ram and a MSI x570 Gaming Plus motherboard.

At first I thought that the card wasn’t getting enough lanes because of my configuration with a nvme drive, but after having it work under Ubuntu I’m out of ideas.

Thanks!

Did you install the Mellanox drivers? If you are using whatever Microsoft includes, then I’d suggest grabbing the ones from Mellanox’ website instead. I’ve had issues with the ones that come with WIndows in the past.

Lanes shouldn’t matter, I have one (but that’s a VPI card) that’s only supplied half the lanes it supports and it’s still recognized fine in Windows 10.