Mechanical Keyboard Corner

Oh as for which is cheaper, you can get a rock solid small keyboard for like 30. The magic force 68 on amazon. On the other hand if you don't mind waiting for delivery and stuff you can full custom for cheap enough.

Even with leds? I don't care about RGB tbh but white leds would be nice.

There is the gh60 Satan pcb boards on eBay and aliexpress. A pretty much universal 60% keyboard, quite small, and it can have key LEDs and has some RGB underneath to make it glow on some PCBs. You can get all the case and plate parts too all universal parts for 60% boards at this stage.

The magicforce I said was cheap also has a prebuild led version. There is also new stuff like the cooler master Master keys board with the white leds, really nice board.

1 Like

Yeah I was looking at the Cooler master Masterkeys Pro S stuff yesterday and for the price it seems the best option but I'm a whore of the idea of building stuff... Probably I'd buy the Cooler master first and then decide if I wanna build something from the ground up or not.

1 Like

That's what I did. Bought a board and used it, found what could be better and looked for that in custom stuff. Went for there.

1 Like

I want to try those silent switches. Could do with another keyboard.

I would like some advice please, I'm going to get myself a model m. Is it better to get a later year one like the 1993-1999 made by lexmark or ibm uk or are the earlier ones like 1988 / 1989 still going to last?

http://clickykeyboards.com/product-category/1993-1999-ibm-model-m-with-attached-cable-blue-label/ or http://clickykeyboards.com/product-category/1986-1989-ibm-model-m-silver-label/

They're all going to work the same really. Older models are obviously nice to have just for epeen gloating, but yea there isn't going to be a major difference. In terms of reliability its hard to say, I still have a 1986 model m that runs just fine.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, I think I'll go with the newer ones just because of the price difference. I really want a tkl version but my level of want stops at about $200

also if you search on eBay there are a lot of ones for cheap that are Uncicomp, which are just as good as IBM for the most part (same patent and the whole deal iirc)
reliability wise the only ones you have to be careful with sometimes is Model F boards, as sometimes the foam gets old but even then its not a major issue as it's easily replaced.
example of one of the Unicomp ones

also a Battleship version

2 Likes

If this is regarding Flaretech Optical switches, I have pre-ordered the wooting one. I'll be getting both sets of switches (Blue and Red).

If someone else wants the set I don't use, I'm willing to sell them. Though it will be a while, obviously.

1 Like

Anyone use Leopold keycaps? They seem to be held in decent regard and they're pretty cheap.

1 Like

I might be interested in swiping them, assuming they aren't using any Voodoo magic to get them working and/or I still have an EAGLE license then.

1 Like

The only ones I've used so far are NKPC (or is it NPKC... I forget, lol)
They are quite nice.

I saw those, but I'm looking for a navy (or preferably teal blue) set. I didn't see NPKC in those colors :frowning:

Maybe I'll have to be like @Zibob and custom dye some white caps or something.

1 Like

See above linked EBay seller for all the keycaps ever for reasonable prices, they have all the things :smiley:
(Sennin32 iirc)

1 Like

Tempted.

3 Likes

A cheap 96 key board. Just the case, PCB and feet. Get your own switches and LEDs if you want them. Fully programmable and has RGB underglow, milled acrylic case to let them shine out.

This is an interest check and is likely already completely booked as they are trying a run of 20-25 but more I terest will mean this likely goes to a round 2 with more units and options for things.

For 88 dollars us that is pretty amazing.

Edit: @Mark09301 are they finally ready to release the Ktype. It has been years coming. But input club stuff can be really cool.

Edit 2: http://slidekb.com/

A mechanical slider to go with the keyboards. Can be used to scrub adobe time line, highlight selections of text, move text curors quick, control volumes and so on. Anything you would think a slider would be useful for.

KUL ES-87 Clears with DSA Dolch - My current work board

Looks nice with SA Nantucket too

pok3r Greens with SA Pulse r2 - What I clack on at home most of the time when I'm not using the realforce

Infinity 60% Zelios - Awesome, and I need to use it more.

There are quire a few more, but I'm too lazy to take pics and they don't really get enough use to mention.

4 Likes

About time that thing get released. I feel like I've been following it for 2 years. Ended up being like $100 cheaper than I thought too.

1 Like