Mechanical Keyboard Corner

Does it not remember the last thing it was paired to? It should, then all you do it pair it with that dongle and on you go.

1 Like

Don’t want to set up anything. Just plug the dongle. For instance, I have a Logitech G403 wireless mouse. I only need to plug the dongle, no software or setup needed.

Do you change PCs a lot?

If you are just using it on one PC, plug in the dongle, pair the board in windows Bluetooth menu and then it should connect anytime you turn on the PC.

Someone who likes yellow should make this board:

2 Likes

I like yellow

2 Likes

Better start mowing some lawns.

1 Like

The Ann Pro in that mid century modern burnt yellow hits me right in the g spot

3 Likes

lol, gross

2 Likes

I’m relatively new to the mechanical keyboard market, but I’ve gotta say I’m hooked.

I sorta picked one willy nilly but pretty please with my Durgod Taurus K320 (tkl w/ browns)… I use it for work.

Are there any other highly recommended keyboards that are available pre-built? I’m not ready to assemble my own … yet.

2 Likes

Yellow is my favourite colour!

I can relate.

1 Like

What sort of size and features do you want?

Since you already have a tactile, I’d go with a linear or clicky next.

Linear pre-built, I’d get a Wooting

For clicky, I’d look for something with kailh jade switches.

Imo, the faster you get away from stock cherry switches, the better.

2 Likes

Yup there is a whole rainbow of switches out there now and some of the clones are better than genuine cherry for specific niche things.

I love Gateron switches have them in three boards one via Zeal switches. The last board will probably get them too but I am still thinking, there is a lot out there to try.

2 Likes

I forgot to mention I also have a Tesoro Gram Spectrum.

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ve been leaning towards kailh.

1 Like

I’m digging the ten keyless life.

And I’d be using it for gaming and/or programming at home. I don’t know enough about all the features to say I want this or that. I’ve just enjoyed the two keyboards I have and prefer a “clicky” feel without the obnoxiously loud noise.

I think just tkl + backlighting is really all I know I want. Everything else I’m open to being educated about.

Ducky do some nice boards, not a lot of fancy crazyness just solid boards with lights.

1 Like

There is a Wooting two in the making, which is a fully equipped one. If they made my layout, i would walk there to get one.

3 Likes

I thought there might have been more suggestions as I was in a rush.

Are you interested in trying switches? Hot swappable boards have become popular, I don’t know much about what’s available as I have never used them, but it is a nice way to test what feels good in an actual board.

I know here are TKLs with hot swap sockets but don’t know about backlighting.

I kind of want to try mechanical again. Requirements are pretty simple:

• No/minmal noise
  • low force
  • below 120€ (Germany)
  • (optional - function keys for volume/media/etc.)

I know I like MX Silvers (used them in some Arduino projects, fight me).

All of that said, is there anything horribly wrong with the HyperX Alloy series of keyboards?

I switch quite often. I use a linux desktop and a windows desktop. I have a KVM switch for 2 machines. Would’ve loved to not have to switch keyboard channel separately. Well, it’s not the end of the world.