Mechanical Keyboard Corner

It’s live: Drop CTRL 1 Month Review

4 Likes

That post lit a fire under me to replace my WASD Code.

Glad I could help. :stuck_out_tongue:

I genuinely think this is a top-tier keyboard.

2 Likes

Hoping to be getting an ALT for Christmas.

1 Like

If its anything like the CTRL, you’ll really enjoy it.

Now that my PC builds are done, back to working on my Heavy-6 build.

1 Like

9 Likes

Any good looking, not too expensive mini-usb cables you guys would recommend for my Leopold?
The stock one is too simple.

I went for a paracord braided kit one in the end that I made myself, that was a decent price thought I cqnr remember what that price was now.

I do need a new one though as my soldering was crap and it broke in the end, totally my fault, that cable was good materials just my bad workmanship. There are ones that don’t need soldering now that just clip together and crimp the wires in.

1 Like

Man, that would be great for me, i have a hard time trying to solder anything, my hands are way too shaky.
I tried contacting a local guy that makes paracord mouse cables to make a mini-b cable for me but he told me its too hard for him to make.

MiniUSB as in Type A on one end, Mini-B on the other?

I like the Delock transparent ones:

Amazon com $7.23

1 Like

Yep, exactly that.
That cables looks nice too!

Just need to get some genuine stabs and maybe some lube.

5 Likes

Brought the nicer keyboard to work, I never realized how much more I like tactile switches for typing until now.

I also didn’t realize I soldered the three bottom left switches one position too far to the right until I put the keycaps on. Whoops.

2 Likes

How are coworkers handling the noise?

This keyboard is quieter than the previous one for whatever reason. Neither should be loud since the previous one had linear switches and this one tactile, but the previous one had much more pronounced plastic on plastic sound. Aside from the stabilizers on this one it’s about as loud as the OEM rubber dome keyboard.

I don’t understand, could you explain the problem?

Being a custom keyboard there are multiple spots to solder some of the switches. I messed up and soldered three switches in the wrong spots, so now they don’t line up properly.

Note the overlap of the sushi key and space bar:

3 Likes

Now I get it, thank you.
I hope you resolder them.

Did anyone notice? Unicomp announced a tenkeyless model:

7 Likes