Mechanical Keyboard Corner

I actually used disposable wet towels i had lying around from the Indian restaurant we order from. Not a bad option in the office where I definitely cannot go wash keycaps and leave them to dry :D. But they worked surprisingly well.

1 Like

Yup cheap mechanical keyboards have gone way up in quality. I wish more people would give then a try before just overspending on corsair or anything else.

1 Like

Totally. Nobody needs to buy membrane keyboards anymore. :+1:

With that said cue the hypocrisy because I just ordered a Corsair K63. :stuck_out_tongue:
Thing is it was 60,- bucks on amazon and for Cherry that is acceptable.
So I’ll compare and decide which one to keep.

2 Likes

Woah, Drop has their ALT and CTRL keyboards up for sale without switches or caps now.

ALT

CTRL

I kinda wish my Frankenstotles weren’t soldered in now, I would love a CTRL with those switches.

1 Like

Also “Laseron” switches are apparently a thing for those that want a cyberpunk keyboard.

They are different colored Gateron Yellows.

1 Like

Ok, the K63 for 60,- bucks is amazing. I added O-rings and it types super quiet now. The board itself has no flex, while there isn’t any exposed metal plate it does feel as tough as the K65. But it types better. Also the red backlight is damn strong on the highest setting. I have it on the lowest of three levels.

1 Like

About time. I see they are also trialing EU warehouse direct shipping now too with some drops. That will be great as shipping time was worse then buying Aliexpress and still more expensive.

The laser switches look great… Almost tempted but I don’t need them right now.

Fuck, now Drop has the Zealios/Tealios/Zilents up.

A CTRL with Tealios would be perfect for a gaming keyboard.

1 Like

I love the zilents. I will be getting more for when I take the reds out of the Filco.

Question to everyone…
Is Romer G any good?
G413 is super cheap and I’m thinking about it…
If not I’ll just go back to membrane K120 and be done with mechanicals…

Checkout G512 SE
It’s on sale for the price of G413 but has RGB! :smiley:

1 Like

20€ more expensive in the best case scenario… And I don’t really care about the RGB … The silver G413 is white and that’s all I really want…
But really, what is wrong with Romer G?

Wrong? Nothing, they are just different not not liked as a result. I have never used them because they are only in Logitech boards but I hear good and bad. The main thing though for me is lack of choice, no replacement caps and what you get is it as there are no customisations for switch feel or spring weight.

Logitech have since switched (sorry) to using MX again for their new board so not sure if they are giving up on Romer-G. They are making their own MX style switches for the new one and it is also hot swappable with regular MX or any of its clones.

2 Likes

Does anyone have a preferred source for screw-in stabs? I’m finding some here and there but wondering if one place is known for lowest price, fastest shipping, etc.

I’ve been using a reversed spacebar the past few days at work and it does seem to be a little more comfortable to use.

Looks a bit goofy though, but whatever.

1 Like

I use it everywhere but more because I game primarily and it is nice in the position, not much if a typist so can’t comment if it is better or worse there. But I don’t type correctly anyway.

Drop CTRL review incoming.

ETA: tonight or tomorrow morning.

9 Likes

I have been waiting. Appreciate this

1 Like

No problem. I wanted to see if I could get my setup to just where I wanted it before I do the review. If I couldn’t, I’d have put it in the review as a con.

Spoiler: It’s pretty good.

1 Like

It’s live: Drop CTRL 1 Month Review

4 Likes