Mechanical hard drives hardly worth buying

Where I find that SSDs should be a thing is what you said. I do agree with all of the issues using a mechanical hard drive in laptops but again, they did it to cut down production costs and avoid jacking up the retail price, should there be more than one storage drive in a laptop. At the end, it’s up to the end-user to decide what they want to do. My laptop originally came with 2x1TB WD Blues, and I have progressively switched them out ever since and now they’re both still the same size, but are now SSDs. All because I got them in the right time when I was able to afford them.

Computers are not fair in general.

/s

Just about everyone wants to change that with all your shit in the cloud and just have fast internet and money for monthly payments.

I will host my own shitty cloud and suffer performance over data mining. I will use all spinning fucking rust :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I can’t begin to afford to replace the 40+tb of data I have with SSD any time soon and cloud backups become entirely unaffordable for anyone but a business once you reach a certain point. It’s great for small photo collections or misc data. Backing up dozens of TB’s of media becomes entirely unrealistic. HDDs aren’t going anywhere for quite some time.

I was reading up on epyc and hot swap nvme the other day… It’s supported now

1 Like

Yeah, it’s Kinda early days, but it’s definitely supported now.

Oooh… Noice! :grinning:

Can’t say I cannot relate to the feeling but I do have a laptop and it does come in handy for those times I’m on the go. As for tablets, smart screens, i-pods etc. They can keep 'em. lol I don’t even own a cell :smile: