Me vs Aquaponics

Yea,

im yet to have a look through the Docs myself, but from what I've heard, basically anything decent as far as eating fish goes simply wont work in a system my size.... However, if i can eventually buy a decent piece of land, i wouldn't mind doing some trout and a couple of Koura =P

1 Like

Sweet sounds like you have a plan..

Yeah, and a mess in where my setup will supposed to be lol because it'll be litteraly besides my bed and my drumkit.

I shoot for something inspired on this https://youtu.be/g1W1yRIVVZM

Oh wow can't believe I found it @Dr-Shade
This is the video of the litter box system..

hang on....

Am i correct in my understanding that this is going to be in-doors?

If so this now sounds even more interesting =)

Yeah if I would not go to prison for years I would probably do something like that..

ahhhh yes...

Now dont forget what i told you ( was it you? ) about the aquarium fluros for growing plants... eliminates the need to be right next to a window....

I also remember a discussion at one point ( which this strangely reminds me of ) about using a freshwater aquarium as a reservoir for a custom water loop in a PC... Now if we could convince someone to combine both aquaponics, and watercooling a PC.... then we will have found our god....

1 Like

Yeah it was me..I also have CFLs in the red spectrum and blue spectrum..

1 Like

lol Oh no I got sediment in my radiator..

Ahhh yup...

Pretty sure its the red that really gets the plants going.... blue not so much ( though it is used alot in reef tanks? )

blue is for leafs and red is for blooms..
Edit: The pot farmers have really broken it down to a real science..I wish I could find to old college article where they grew lettuce or cabbage with a laser from a cd player..They diffused it or something is so long ago I read it..

Here it is..Another Edit: Found a better link
https://books.google.com/books?id=xUH3BwAAQBAJ&pg=PA119&lpg=PA119&dq=Application+of+Red+Laser+Diode+as+a+Light+Source+for+Plant+Production&source=bl&ots=-ZuTgV8n6X&sig=fYYz0jQy9MX-VTGfPDbdYMlI2RY&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiP8KGuqKXQAhVGvRoKHfxaArUQ6AEIKTAD#v=onepage&q=Application%20of%20Red%20Laser%20Diode%20as%20a%20Light%20Source%20for%20Plant%20Production&f=false

That's why we stay indoors my friend. Then when it becomes free and legal, with all the indoor knowledge, you go outside and grow MONSTER weed pines.

I'd grow a single plant outdoors this year, kept it between my tomatoes and topped it several times to keep it sort of "stealthy". We can posses up to 5g's of bud herein mexico without getting into serious trouble, so you can get into a legal gray area easily by growing a single plant in the case you get busted. Also it'll be appart from my recreational habits, to help my mom with her knee joints getting screwed up after 20+ years of factory working.

edit: @Dr-Shade yea

I hear you about the knee pain..My cerebral palsy fucks with me my brain uses my muscles wrong and shit..

My mom is on mild painkillers, she still works besides her knee problem because she says "She don't want to sit in a couch and become useless potato" but it has been worsening lately, to the point she has difficult to walk after a while and being unable to stand due to intense pain strokes. We can get legal medical here but is a looooong legal proccess + several attorneys = expensive, not viable. But screw that, I wont wait till my mom can't walk.

Yeah you gotta do what you gotta do, fuck the money grubbing systems that control people..

I think I read about this in 2001..
And I was wrong kinda about it being a cd laser they are basically LEDs i think..

Lol did not even realize that I have watched this guy several times before..
I think this is the first video I saw him in..

I think it was the massive beard he has now..

you are tempting me. i already have a setup for being able to do this 75% complete. just need a few litter boxes to house the plants.

Hahahaha

Thats two people now... I'm starting to feel like a bad influence lol

GOOD NEWS!!!

My $5 2nd hand bathtub arrived today!

After some rough measurements, im figuring i should be able to squeeze somewhere in the vicinity of 6-700 litres into it ( 158 - 185 US gallons )

This makes me happy... and allows me to start planning a bit better for the mechanical and biological filtration requirements of the system....

3 Likes