Mdadm gui for ubuntu

Is there a software or web app for mdadm gui support/control interface? Something like a web interface? I am asking for something like truenas but for ubuntu.

1 Like

Open Media Vault aka OMV?

1 Like

I will look into it.

1 Like

Not MDADM, but a couple options I’ve seen:
The package Cockpit, from Red Hat, can work with ZFS or / and Gluster.

The Gluster looks like the kind of thing you might like:

But the ZFS module for Cockpit, does Similar for ZFS.
after installing cockpit from the APT repositories, grab the github for 45-drives, and remember to change the github to the 45 drives page, not just copy-paste the Optimans one, like 45 drives instructions tell you to…

Forum thread about it:

It seems like everything is designed for zfs. i am trying to do a simple raid5 setup. but being able to scale up from that in the future.

1 Like

I know webmin used to support md raid, but don’t use webmin. md is pretty easy to use. For a RAID-5, just do

mdadm --create --verbose /dev/md0 --level=5 --raid-devices=3 /dev/sda /dev/sdb /dev/sdc

Replace sdX with your drives, or better yet, with ls -l /dev/disk/by-id so that they never change even if the order change in your system.

1 Like

I used the commands. I have raid setup. Just for convience sake I was hoping a decent web gui would work.

sorry, I kinda got carried away.

the Gluster thing looked cool, and GUI…

but then I ended up going the wrong way with the better system for single machine

1 Like