Maximize Ryzen: Overclock RAM for Faster Fabric Speed | Level One Techs

1.3v probably. 1.25v maybe.

ive got the new bios update for the asus prime b350 plus, bios 0606, which i suppose is a release not a beta, as the 0605 under it says beta.

after updating the bios now the system wont run at 2666 anymore, i set it to the usual settings after the update and it turns on, doesn't post, then restarts, and loops. nothing on screen and it boot loops like 6 times and eventually posts and says settings have reset overclocking failed.

what the heck asus lol

help?

Update:

No matter what configuration of timings and voltage, bios version, etc.. I was unable to get my GSkill FlareX sticks to 3200. Nothing ran other than Auto at 2400 honestly. I am returning the memory and have replaced it with some HyperX which I have read works at 3200 out of the box via XMP. I will try them later today after they arrive.

@Wendell or anyone else have you done some testing with 4 dimms in use? or are perhaps in the planning of doing so?. The tech sheets from AMD say its 1886 for 4 dimms dual rank. And i got 32Gb of TridentZ F4-2800C15D-16GTZB 2sets 2x8Gb. Did see a vid on the youtubes of a unknown techer that did 3000mhz on 4 stiks 2400mhz 32 Gb total. But realy like some trusted info on it.

Thanks in advance.

2666 is all I could manage with the golden bdie stuff.

Interestingly dual rank ddr4 2 sticks at 2933 is much more common.

Thanks, well at least its better than 1866. At the moment i'm on a 8350 with ddr3 1600 and it will be a boost anyway's, getting my 1700 end of may and who knows what bios updates wil be out by then seeing what's been done already.

Excellent info in this guide! Can't wait to put it to use, even though my hardware is a bit different. I can hit 3200 stock (thanks to an Asus dev bios and some kick ass 3600mhz CL15 G.Skill RAM).

I would dearly LOVE to see you guys do a Ryzen p-state (and / or memory) overclocking guide for old noobs! So many new options to learn with this platform, and finding a noob-friendly guide that actually explains all these new settings is a hard thing to find it seems.

Asus new bios update makes my ram LESS compatible now I can't run them at 2666, best it does is 2400 now. what the heck asus

Gigabytes new bios knocked me down a step too.

Evil manufacturers!

I have just built a 1800X system on a ASUS PRIME 370X-PRO with 16GB KIT DDR4 3200MHz CL16 HyperX Predator. It only runs at 2400 MHz a with the newest BIOS 604. Have not played with it much, left it at the office. We tested it against a 4000$ 8 core xeon and performance was similar, my boss was very excited that AMD is back :blush:

1 Like

I had the exact same thing happen to me on my asus b350 board with its new bios (using dual rank 2x16GB sticks).

can i buy a better kit of ram? or do i need a new motherboard?

asus b350 plus, and gskill 16gigs, 2x8, 2800mhz 1.2v 16-16-16-36. can only run at 2400 now, was running at 2666 on older bios

so asus puts out a new bios update for my board, 0609, and i flash it and my ram still doesn't want to run at 2666 like it did when ryzen LAUNCHED

is it normal to have bios updates make ram run worse?!

yo @wendell

When filling out the highlighted row of your spreadsheet do we enter the XMP timings, JEDEC timings or something else (what it will actually boot with)?

I just found a list of 20 new mem kits that wil be in the next microcode update for ryzen

very happy to see my kit in it :slight_smile:

Ok i know wccftech but its from Gigabite directly

2 Likes

Asus recently released version 1.07 for the ROG Crosshair Hero VI and it made improvements for me. On the previous version 1.02 I was only getting 2666mhz with 4DIMMs and these are Gskill Flare X 3200mhz but Ryzen doesn't deal well with 4 of them. Since the update I am now running 4 DIMMs @ 2933mhz without touching the base clock. I still had to back off the timings a bit but they work fine with 18 18 18 18 36. It's good to see improvements regardless. Previously when I was only running at 2666mhz I had tried to back off the timings and see if 2933 would post. No Luck... So it's two steps forward and one step back but better than no progress.

So Asus put out Bios update 6013 for my board the prime b350 plus. I still can't get the Ram to run at 2666 like it would AT LAUNCH, and ive got it running at 2400 still with the docp timings.

Trying to change the ram's settings manually never works for me, it just boot loops like 3 times and then defaults and says overclocking failed. i try the ram voltage at 1.2 and 1.35, but i dont know where this SOC ram voltage thing is, and how to set it.

looking for help from anyone whom also has this board and has had success with ram.

if not, i guess either my ram is bad, or my motherboard is bad?

What is the cheapest ram 8gb kit that is good for ryzen 1700x on killer sli asrock motherboard? This rig will be used for mining mostly and playing doom and wolfenstein

Asus has released a new BIOS for the crosshair, 1701 helped me get my samsung E die dual rank kits to play together.
Instead of 4 stiks sorta stable at 1866 its now stable at 2400 4 sticks.

I am populating all four banks with g.skill 3000mhz ram (4x8gb) on an asrock taichi x370 with a r7 1700, so far the most I have been able to get out of it is 2800mhz.

on two sticks I can get 2933 easy, but for 4 I need to drop it down

:frowning:

Will try excel sheet + boot looping on the weekend.