Maximization of The 12700 CPU

Hi guys, I’m trying to figure out how to maximize this CPU’s performance. Although I am aware that this CPU cannot be overclocked, I am unsure of how to determine its limits. How can I determine when the thermal limit is reached? What speed does this chip typically operate at? I notice the 2.1 GHz compared to the 3.6 of the 12700k, and if I can keep the 12700 cool enough, I should be able to obtain a similar performance from it. I appreciate your comments

so with the stock intel cooler is going to redline constantly. thermals will ping pong between 75c (non turbo) and 100c (turbo)

motherboard manufactuers can kinda cheat on turbo limits, technically not overclocking, just letting the chip turbo for way longer than it should.

if you haven’t already, get a better cooler, something like a dark rock 4 or 240 AIO. itll allow the system to turbo for whatever duration the mobo/Intel spec allows and make your chip last longer.

You can undervolt with a negative offset
Less volts means more amps can be used under same power, meaning higher frequency for longer
Less volts also means lower temperature under same speed

Short memory here on the forums lol, this post is a word-for-word copy of the last thread with the same title by a different account… dunno if this is a bot, or what its goal is if so, but I dont think you’re gonna have a discussion here. Here, I’ll even interleave them sentence by sentence

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.