Max CPU Usage is now 47%?

Recently I turned on my machine, fx 8320 OC to 4.6GHz, with 2 x GTX 660 in sli. Now for whatever reason, even in SLI, I get 1/2 the FPS as a week ago, and the same FPS as when I use just one card. Also my CPU usage even under prime 95 and anything else is pinned at 47% no higher; I get 100% on two cores, and about 20% on the other six. I have tried different bios settings, even though the OC was stable, and now i can only acheive 100% CPU usage at 1.8GHz or less... and I still have no idea what is up with my GPU's :/ 

I've done a virus scan aswell, Kaspersky, and it came back clean as far as I know..

Help! 

Hmm this does not sound good.

How are the temperatures from cpu and mobo, during stress testing?

Temps are fine, all around: stress temps are between 48-60 for the GPUS and HW monitor reads 37-39 on the CPU when it's stressed, mind you again it is only running at 47% for some reason 

Temps are fine, all around: stress temps are between 48-60 for the GPUS and HW monitor reads 37-39 on the CPU when it's stressed, mind you again it is only running at 47% for some reason. MB temp at NB is about 40

(Degrees Celsius) 

this kinda sounds like an issue with core parking. What OS are you running?

Even on my own build, where it never used to do that? I am running Win 8.1

could be some recent windows update that cause it. Do you keep weekly system restore points? I would suggest doing a system restore back to before the problem started.

Sigh.. Just restored to the restore point, and it did not do anything. CPU still pinned at 47%. Also, Cpu cores are not parked :/

There may be a problem with the software installation you are using to stress test. try downloading other stress test software and see if thats able to get up to 100% on all cores. Apart from that alli can suggest is resetting the CMOS on the mobo and see if that helps.

It is possible you have dead cores...but that is sort of worst case scenario. I really don't know any way for you to fix this though. Sorry.

Yeah, I doubt they're dead, since they do all run, just at 22% or so. No worries, thanks for the suggestions!

I will try the CMOS reset..  I have tried, prime 95, OCCT, and amd's over drive stuff none of then can push the cores past C1 100% C2 100% C3 22% C4 22% C5 22% C6 22% C7 22% C8 22%  utilization. I have used Ugine valley bench mark and compared them to my non-sli scores and and my previous scores (like 40 of them) and the scores now are about 30-40% less than my previous scores. 

try Aida 64 cpu stresstest.

First you need to determine if its a cpu or gpu problem.

Aida seems to be able to push the CPU to 100% at 4.6GHz, which is great! .. My GPU's even performed at regular performance for one run of heaven benchmark! Then it never performed well again (temps at 61 deg on hottest GPU)... really not sure whats up. I have swapped and reseated the GPUS and tried each by them selves. Nothing useful. Any other suggestions!? Again, much appreciated!

Turns out my RAM OC was too much, turning the clock from 18xxmhz down to 1600mhz has fixed everything!

thats great news

Ram instability can cause whacky issues.