MATX Case with Horizontal Motherboard

I'm going to be upgrading my PC. Stuck on what case I should get.
I want to go mATX. I love the CaseLabs Bullet BH4 Case but it can only fit an SFX Powersupply. I already have a solid ATX PSU. I want something that will show off my video card, I love this case because it's also compact. Any suggestions?

Oh and I have 3HDD's but could condense to two. Plus one SSD.
Thanks.

BH4: http://www.caselabs-store.com/bullet-bh4-matx-case/

If you want to take out a loan and/or sell your kidneys, there's the CaseLabs Mercury S5. Same style as the Bullet, but pricey as a mofo.

There's the Cooler Master HAF XB/HAF XB Evo. It fits regular ATX so it's a little larger, but it's horizontal like you like.

Lian Li PC-V33. An ATX case again, but it is horizontal.

Lian Li PC-06SX. Another super expensive case, and it's not horizontal, but it's mATX and designed specifically to show off a GPU via a riser cable. Still fits a normal ATX PSU as well.

If you want a really, really, REALLY small MATX Case, which also supports ATX PSU's, I got the Silverstone SG02 recently, and damn, is it tiny. Planning on downgrading my PC (from i5 6500 to i5 2400) into the case.

Sadly, the case that I'm suggesting does not do that very well.

@w.meri suggestions have side pannel windows, but they're dang expensive.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I forgot about the PC-06SX. Remember seeing these before they came out. If only it wasn't almost $300 haha.

That's really close! Might be a little cramped but I could see that working. Could easily add a window to it.

Thermaltake is what you want I think

Oo I like that! And it's cheap! This interior with the exterior of the Node 804 would be a perfect case.

Yes... I mean Yes...
Also another option is Core X2, but it's a bit more expensive...
Too lazy to look for a link. Sorry...

I'm doing the same now, which one did you go for in the end? I've looked at the TT V21, but I think I'll go for the CM HAF X8 just for ATX option if I upgrade in near future.

@SilverShaman you could always do what I did with my massiveATX case.
A tower + 4 rubber feet for the bottom / right panel + tempered glass for the top / left panel.

Rectangular solids have 6 sides.
There is no rule that says that you can't flip it over.
Although I do not recommend resting a case on the front or back. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Sorry for late reply, not been online much for a while. That’s a really nice job you’ve done there.

1 Like