Mass Effect Trilogy, Yay or nay; Remastered Trilogy?

Pretty sure that’s if you’ve already purchased it, so people can download it from the launcher.

They probably just copied/pasted the instructions from somewhere else.

Either that, or the DLC are free on the launcher. Who knows.

Now i’m even more confused? If you already OWN the DLC, that’s what that site is for? And I just launched ME2 to activate Cerberus Network. There is no launcher. Unless you mean the main menu? I just downloaded one of those files. There’s all executables. It says on the DLC Mass Effect Wiki page that they’re free.

And there’s a warning from EA on that page that it might cause problems for your current installation.

BAH. Everyone who owns the games already probably got them a long time ago. I’d like to hear from a ME Trilogy owner.

I do own the trilogy, I was referring to the Origin launcher. It’s like Steam for EA games.

Get the first two, then stop and forget how amazing the series should have been.

1 Like

Oh. Well. That link https://help.ea.com/en-ca/help/origin/origin/download-dlc-for-classic-origin-games/#masseffect

Can I simply acquire the DLC that way? I guess more than anything, i’m confused as to why Origin still sell it? The DLC page on the ME wiki says it’s all free for PC.

I guess it’s for people who don’t know any better? Idk. :joy:

ALSO, I was a little perturbed by that page with the free DLC saying it might cause problems if the game was installed through Origin… Like we have a CHOICE on PC? WTF, EA?

@anon43920604

I know what you’re referring to.

The ending is not to everyone’s liking, but the third game is still great up until that point. Like me2? More of that basically.

I think this site enables people to download the DLC’s installer. However, the DLC will not be activated. ME1 and ME2 were pre-Origin games, which is why they made another option available for downloading them. You still have to purchase them, unless DLCs for ME1, those are free (as mentioned on your site).

Concerning ME3: I think ME3 was better than ME3 and I also liked the ending (although the could have done better). But let’s keep this thread spoiler free :wink:

Why on Earth would you need to do that? To have it at the ready or something after purchasing? wtf?

A little off-topic, but there’s a nice texture pack for ME1. Don’t really see a need for a re-master.

I tried ME2, but I found the RPG elements too “streamlined” from ME1 for my taste. Plus my PC at the time was an uber-potato, and aiming was very difficult. I may need to revisit it at some point.

I really hope the PC controls are good… :frowning:

I have a PS3 controller on stand-by just in case. Ughh…

And which texture pack is it? :smiley:

I reckon the most popular downloads on Nexus for ME are the best?

And btw, how often do Origin have sales on DLC for Mass Effect? :expressionless:

Fucking expensive-ass garbage… One game is 7 years old, the other, 11. GTFO of here…

They are. I recommend installing the texture pack and modding the FOV, then leaving it as is.

The one, the only, the MEUITM!

This is pretty much true. ME1, they provide licenses for everything on that page, ME2, you need a “cerberus network” account to use the DLC, otherwise you can’t play the game.

There are ways around that, but I’m not going to get into that here.

ME1 and ME2 were (and still are) available on Steam. They work better with Steam IMO. I’ve got them on both.

I played for a bit. Then quit to install MEUITM. The PC controls are fine. I won’t be using a controller. The mod won’t install, tho… So irritating. I did everything correctly. I load up the game - i even watched a video - the game is supposed to start up all stuttery. But no “Thank you” message from MEUITM.

UUUGGGGGGHHHH. FUCKING HATE modding on things that aren’t Bethesda games. And even the instructions to uninstalled are so fucked up. Apparently you have to uninstall the entire game?! WHAAT? :joy:

Yeah, the series isn’t super friendly to that, but 2 and 3 are way better in that regard.

Did you download the “anniversary edition” installer?

All you’ve got to do is install a fresh copy of ME, install the DLC, launch the game once, quit out of it, run the MEUITM installer (I personally like to include ReShade with that install) and then you’re done.

What sort of error do you get? I might be able to help if you can give more info.

Are you talking about at the main menu? I don’t get one either.

Oh: Are you using steam or origin? I think you need to disable automatic updates in origin to prevent it from wiping your mods.

I saw another user on Nexus get the same thing. get the same error.

“Some registry keys are not writable by your user account MEM will attempt to grant access to registry keys with Permission granter.exe program Registry: HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432node\AGEIA Technologies Fixes a ME1 launch issue.”

And according to another person, it’s normal…? :roll_eyes:

No, no. Here’s a video of the install. At 6:00 in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34hHia0Sq0c It actually gets put into the launching sequence for the game. Logos/whatnot.

I’m using Origin. And yeah, Auto updates are off. According to that video - it even shows in the video - the logos run choppy the first time you run it after installing. As are mine. But I don’t get the Thank You screen. And I keep getting choppy logos every time I launch the game.

And yeah, isn’t the Anniversary Edition the latest one?

Okay, another option to fix this is to run the installer as Admin. I’d give that a try.

Yeah, regarding that “thank you” screen, I didn’t get it either. I’m not sure why, but I know the textures are installed for me because I’ve got the different N7 armor and the eyes look much better. If I were you, I’d just load up and give it a try, despite the lack of thank you screen.

sure is!

1 Like

The game runs flawlessly. So i’ve narrowed down my problem. There’s an option on the installer window on the lower left for MEUITM. “Install MEUITM Video”. I’m fairly certain that’s the Thank You Screen. I didn’t check that.

So my problem is simple. It has to do with the letterboxes in the game. The texture mod was indeed installed! All is well. My actual issue is far less severe and may or may not be due to the mod. Whenever letterboxes appear (cutscenes usually) the bottom border of the top letterbox bar has a green horizontal line along it.

People are always talking about how ME1 is very biased towards 16:9 A/R. I’m 16:10 (1680 x 1050). And after setting my resolution in MassEffectConfig.exe, in-game it lists the 1680 x 1050 as 16:9 when in fact we all know 1680 x 1050 is 16:10. Perhaps the issue is somewhere there?

I really hate this green line when letterboxes appear. Pisses me off.

1 Like

Ah, that probably is it. I didn’t check that either, now that you mention it. :smiley:

What resolution are you running at? I don’t read. I don’t remember getting letterboxes.

I’m rocking 1920x1200 and I don’t get any problems. I’m not really sure what to do there… Now that I think about it though, I may have had the same issue with my old monitor (1680x1050)… It may just be that resolution. If you have Nvidia, maybe try Dynamic Super Resolution?

Seems that you actually can’t DISABLE DSR? Mine’s set to 2.00x in the Nvidia control Panel. So there goes that idea. I keep searching for others possibly having the same issue. Nope. Only people complaining about the in-game settings incorrectly showing 1680x1050 as a 16:9 res instead of 16:10.

And I thought I had bad OCD. Holy shit… And here I am, dealing with this very real, very ANNOYING issue.

1 Like

No, this definitely seems like a problem, not ocd.

Let me see if I can find a 1680x1050 monitor at a friend’s house or my office to test with.

Here’s a screenshot of the problem. The letterboxes show up even during the launch sequence to the game. And there’s the green line. Super annoying.