Mass effect Andromeda

You might be right but at this point the Angry Joe review is gonna be the deciding factor on if I buy this now or in 6 months to a year.

That and the fact that I'm only 26% through Breath of the Wild at like 80 hours.

I finished the game in about a week doing all of the mains story; side quests and tasks are almost there. I really enjoyed it but it certainly has flaws. If you watch the TotalBiscuit WTF is ME:A he sums up pretty much what I think and experienced while playing. It's a super long video as it's a super big game. To summarize:

"A good 7/10 game. Deeply flawed, but good. It's the journey that matters and the journey is good."

Other mentions:
*Overall Graphics are phenomenal
*Combat is great
*Animations are inconsistent, ranging from horrible, to good
*UI is bad. Too many menu settings and in-game concepts lack tooltips and shortcuts to make heads or tails of things
*Story and characters are solid and keep you invested
*AVP is a great addition for added motivation and context for side-questing
*Side-quests are superior to DA:I

2 Likes

At 34:15 the SJW-ism talking about gender binaries was enough to throw me off this game for good.

1 Like

Wat? Where do you get sjwism out of that?

It's the background dialogue in text. Talking about gender binaries or something.

Ok so the person saying that is an Asari, they only have one gender. The new alien is saying he's mistakenly using the female pronouns for every race because he thinks that's the proper way to speak to all the races from the milky way. The Asari says he's okay to continue with female pronouns with the Asari but other races do indeed have more than one gender.

1 Like

Don't you untrigger me. I'm in a triggered state because of our government and I need more triggering to fuel the flames.

But I didn't notice he was talking to an Asari.

1 Like

Hahah

Talk about a cocked and locked block. =(

I was ready to start a crusade against the SJWs before you ruined it for me. We could have had another holy war for petes sake!

You remember that in 10 years when the SJWs have taken over and you say to yourself "gee I wish I didn't stop that guy from going on a crusade."

1 Like

I was talking about repetitive dialogue.
Didn't get that by "repeating voice ques" you meant an actual audio bug.

27 hours in and I'm still in 2 minds. It feels bigger than the previous games, which is why it's taking me longer. I was expecting more techinal issues than I'm actually getting. I'm keeping an open mind.

I have encountered issues where missions wouldn't start correctly, reloading the entire game or leaving the area for a while sometimes works. I also had issues where NPC's would spawn without a physical model, probably a rendering issue as I could still target and shoot them somehow.

An annoying thing that has occurred recently is with the forced autosave system where you can't manual save and must rely on a autosave for an entire 40-60minute play-through, because I made a bad choice and wanted to change my choice, so reloading the game resulted in me going back 50minutes :frowning: , because I wasn't allowed to save for that long! which is crazy!

Game also enjoys crashing at these times, results in wasted time...

I have some unfortunate news, it has come to my attention that when searching "EA Graveyard" Google no longer finds that EA self help thing.

I'm not joking this is how I have evolved to find that place. :broken_heart:

never heard of it

I honestly have to disagree with him on this.

I think the story is just not good. I think it would have been better if we got there, and "oh by the way, chances are good that the Milky Way has been wiped out by The Reapers, and we don't know if they'll be coming after us etc."

It would at least give some sense of urgency beyond "people are impatient because you haven't killed all the aliens and taken their planet yet".

They tried to distance themselves from the ending of ME 3, but they did it in the worst way possible. The Andromeda Initiative makes SO much more sense as a fail safe plan created in secret by the Citadel Council or hell even the Illusive man or something.

At one point or another, they (bioware) are going to have to come back to The Reapers and address them. How is it that the Andromeda Initiative managed to get away clean and completely undetected? Wouldn't the Reapers be just as likely to harvest a galaxy close to ours? You'd think they would have more than one Galaxy set up for it.

They've left too many loose threads.

3 Likes

hmmmmm
not spoiling shit

From what I have played, and what I've been told, the game has fuck all to do with anything from the previous 3 games.

I do intend to finish it though. Since I paid full price for it.

I'm getting my money's worth, but I wouldn't recommend buying it in its current state. Bioware still hasn't proved their commitment to improving the numerous technical flaws. I saw a notice that they promise to make an announcement on the 4th. I'd rather have expected a patch or two before that...

Aside the technical aspects, the further I'm getting into the game the smaller the story begins to feel. But I must say that I liked the starting premise and initial gloom.

Worse though for a Mass Effect game, none of the party characters feel very interesting. A few characters you meet that won't join the party could have been interesting, but I suspect the developers are limited by the amount of voice overs that would have been added. I've felt that there's almost too much talk in this game and often skip ahead after having read the the sub text, at least with certain characters.

pretty sure the reaper threat was decimated at the end of ME3, wasn't it?