Mass effect Andromeda

I've spoken with EA Support and we have fixed the problem, it was all in the cache in 3 locations, %appdata%/Roaming/Origin ~/Local/Origin and Program Data/Origin, delete everything within these directories then launch origin with admin privileges and repair the game.

Time to conquer the galaxy!

EDIT
Nevermind, it did the same thing a lot later, should of kept talking to support, maybe I would've at least gotten off the first planet. Gonna wait until updates.

Wow

Try enabling or disabling shader cache from driver, I did try to look those folders if there is some obvious cache file but dear Cthulhu they are messy.

Seems like my issues from DA:I are currently in ME:A, basically audio is broken and it has been like that since DA:I launch. Think its same underlying bug which causes audio hiccups and breaks banter, it fucks up fps which then instead breaks cutscene timing.

Well im 50 hours in

Played about 2 hours out of the Origin trial.

Whilst being aware that's bugger all game time, once the 10 hour limit is up, I can see myself waiting 12 months or more before buying a heavily discounted GOTY edition with all DLC wrapped into it.

Yeah, That's what a lot of people are doing.

For the record, I'm enjoying it. I wouldn't say it has the same "mass effect 1" feel and it doesn't do a great job with the whole "brave new galaxy" thing. That said, the new mako is great. Just needs moar gun.

On a non-gameplay note, the achievements are pandering at best. In my first 8 hours, the game gave me 3 or 4 achievements just for story progress. This content was so rigid that I considered it to be tutorial, so when I got achievements for it, I felt a bit pandered to. "good job kid, here's a participation trophy" That said, I'm not a huge achievement hunter or anything, so it's not like this is a dealbreaker.

On the graphical requirements, I'm playing on a 6700k and a Fury. I unlocked my Fury's Compute Units to enable all 4096 stream processors specifically for this game. This Fury is now essentially a Fury X. It's been overclocked to 1175mhz and the memory remains at 500mhz. That said, I still can't quite push 60fps on high at 1440p. In quiet areas it's about 56fps, when the action happens, it drops down to about 42fps. That's still technically viable for me, but I can feel the chop sometimes. I'm going to switch monitors and wind back to 1080p until I can afford dual 1080ti for 4k. That said, the game is absolutely beautiful. Some of the views are damn breathtaking and they've fixed a few of the rough edges that visually plagued the previous trilogy.

Now, the characters and immersion. The first thing that killed my immersion is Foster Addison, the director of colonial affairs. I really hope she dies in a freak accident in the next chapter of the game, because between the stupidity of her lines, her face that looks like she used the simpsons shotgun-makeup device and her unmoving, rigid body, she just makes me want to beat her across the nexus and back. Aside from that, the rest of it doesn't break immersion for me except a couple basic bitch comments from Scott Ryder, although, I'm probably to blame for that, stupid dialog choices. I chose male and the sister hasn't been awoken quite yet, and I'm perfectly happy with not needing to look at her face.
Here's the model used as the basis for the female Ryder.

Overall, it's definitely not a terrible game, but there's definitely some things that rip you out of the immersion with either a headdesk that could split oak or a fit of laughter that will turn that snack-pack into a six-pack, depending on your level of cringe tolerance. I mildly regret spending $60 on it, but it's within my budget and this was the only game I was looking forward to this month, so I'm not upset, maybe just mildly amused and disappointed.

1 Like

Yeah, I tried EVERY option I could, "on", "amd optimized" and "off". None of them worked, I'm hinging it's on either the amd driver not coping well with the game or the game itself is riddle with bugs and threading issues.

Just noticed on the frozen planet some of the inhabitants talk about Ice Talker myth, and Australia.... ok.... For the most part the animations and dialogue hasn't been terrible, just now and then you here things like this that make you go "wait, what?" LMAO

I tried to do a APEX mission in MP but it didn't matchmake very well and was a waste of time.. guess I'll just let AI do it then...

I caught a cold bug and felt up for something adventurous, so I couldn't resist. Some 8 hours int it's been fairly enjoyable already with a lot of exploring to do, in spite of some technical problems. Mainly i haven't been too bothered with animations or graphical glitches so far, but then I am also experiencing some stability problems.

Primarily I don't dare switch back to desktop without saving as I've often been greeted with a black screen when returning to the game. The process still runs and theres no error message. I suspect that its related to an oddity concerning the video mode that the game runs at; since even when I pick the same resolution and Hz as the desktop, the monitor still clearly swiches mode on Alt-Tab. Maybe the game has some intermediate resolution that toggles, or I don't know what. Will try it in Windowed Fullscreen, but that usually leads to Freesync not working and with typical framerates around 50-70 I'd much like to keep it.

The game is usually quite good looking even on medium'ish settings. I don't expect any miracles on the performance side, simply because I've never seen the Frostbite engine being used with such large environments. Unless they cut down some on the details across the board, as was done for Battlefield 1.

Edit: Borderless Windowed proved to be more stable and working with Freesync after all. Though I had to turn on VSync in the game settings as well. I guess that might as well be normal for Borderless Windowed, as I don't usually run with that.

PSA: using custom faces for the main characters seems to make a difference with how the facial animations look. Try using a custom face if you can't stand the default one.

I find the repeating voice ques more annoying then anything else, for missions or stuff from SAM AI such as cold weather warning. Quite surprised they didn't catch those issues in a very basic playtest of the game before release!

Kek

They probably did. They also probably had tons of other stuff to fix before that. There is always a effort/cost VS benefit calculation being done before attempting to fix anything found in testing.

I just see there being so much same with ME:A and DA:I that I think they test without Denuvo & Origin, then we get to test both of those and surprise surprise audio is again so fucked up that it halts frames, goes static/crashes, and breaks random banter.

45 hours in, and just today for the first time I heard that Nomad random banter.

These types of issues are the ones that are normally fixed first because they are encountered first and affect the gameplay experience most. There are quite a few other smaller bugs also that be nice to be addressed sometime also, one of them is the Tempest flight camera being inconsistent and wonky (such as bad timing and camera pan around objects instead of turning to travel dest)

I think I've found my problem, when I was playing some fallout 4 it did the exact same thing, then started looking for the "red dots" artifact and low and behold, the results were....rma it. Fun.

Will get back when I get my card replaced, should still be under warranty.

You can get Nomad skin and Pathfinder helmet from here.

No matter what I try searching the answer is for all questions "Look here is Deluxe content, and btw there is no Season Pass."

With all the horrible goofs I have seen in video clips of the game from Jim Sterling videos I can't believe anyone would play this. 150+ posts about this ..... WOW!

<- 66 hours! OwO #uplayvirgin

That's because the goofs aren't as bad as people make them out to be.