Mass effect Andromeda

Yes however I found the homing mod to be more useful for shotguns because you want to hit them hard for the SPEED those projectiles travel. Same issue with the bounce mod, slows the projectile down so much that the enemy can duck and move very easily in the time it takes to travel to target, which is why I'm considering looking at beam mod, and yes sweeper is nice however like I said in INSANITY difficulty enemies have like 5x as much health!

Piranha with homing might be what you want to then

no, DAHN with homing is best, 1000+ per hit, and you can mod it for unlimited ammo. But again, SLOW projectiles, however its a weapon that will likely stay with me, unless beam mod does better for shotguns (unlikely for single projectile ones).

You should not need beam on a shotgun anyway

I was speculating on its usefulness with shotguns, it does mean you don't need to wait for the shots to hit like homing mod. However for single projectile shotguns then it can become somewhat pointless given that the Black Widow sniper rifle has a mag of 3+ and hits for 1000 anyway. However scopes in close quarters are a pain!

I cleared most Insanity with drop snipers, then ended up crafting Black Widows as I learned that dismantling gives mods back. Then crafted Sweeper when going after Architects but also ended up using it against other messy fights, like driving straight into Kett piles.

For those pistols one of the "Uzi" type diarrheas was cool.

With Reegar Carbine I did not notice any difference in damage when using homing with it although grenade mod made it worse, it gave it kinda neat tiny particle sparks in addition to that lightning it does.

I tried the laser beam mod out, turns out its good for armor but drops other damage types down massively and makes the weapon practically useless... there are allot of mods like this in the game that have penalties that make them pointless, unfortunately. Wish the game was modifiable.

PS. It might be ok on normal mode where enemies take 1second to take down, but on insanity, even a 1000dmg+ shotgun takes 2-3 hits to bring down a grunt!

I'm a little confused atm, just saw a video with LANAT I producing 850odd damage, but my game says it only does 395? WHAT THE?

Either v1.05 reduce weapon damage catastrophically, or insanity mode greatly gimps weapon damage (which is annoying as that isn't what I want.)

The weapons you pick up also have different stats

Perhaps that is it, however this YT video showed LANAT I with ~850 dmg which is a hell of a difference then this crappy 395 I'm seeing in the research screen.. Shrug.

For sure

Decided to create Reddit thread for CPU tinkering which did quickly make me find out how Hyper-Thread settings go. Still, dont have any idea whats the correct way to set Thread.JobThreadPriority because I don't know whats it doing. :smiley:

For those guns, last patch did increase inventory space so much that its possible to craft at least one of each gun so if you go this "optimal" route then easiest way to do it is to just enjoy the game and craft all guns once you open X versions.

Basically,
Normal game = Figuring out skills
Newgame+ = Using best form of whatever gun

The Thread.JobThreadPriority (if it's actually anything to do with conventional thread priority) should affect the priority order of some threads execution over other threads. This should not have anything to do with how many CPU cores or HT/SMT support but likely affects resource loading threads such as terrain & object streaming priority over rendering threads. But what threads it really affects is anyones guess. It's likely best to have the system automatically determine that value instead of forcing it to something.

Funny about the many reports of audio crashing. I've had quite a few over the 60 hours of play, but no such audio issues. Perhaps my Ryzen simply has more threads to offer than the game could ever use. :wink:

Anyway I must be getting fairly close to the end missions now, buy I'll be taking a break. There's no urgency in the story anymore and I feel more like I'm doing chores for lazy colonists or cleaning out madcap scavengers that attack anything on sight. By now they ought to burrow into the sand as soon as they see me rolling. :stuck_out_tongue:

No idea, but none of Frostbite games have ever done any of that shit right. In addition to that the next patch will probably be new pile of shit because thats also repeating thing that they do something whats not working for me.

I think you are lucky if everything just works.

Root of the problem is audio itself crapping out which turns to FPS dips and weirdest one is FPS lowering till you figure out some magic uncrap trick to solve it, like just press ESC. For most this is invidual audio just disappering, for me that thing just explodes audio interface.

Before poking these things my audio may have worked two encounters at most but at the worst I've had to replug USB twice before reaching from navigation to strike teams, and opening that strike team menu craps it one more time. Now with my own settings I'm experiencing just cutscenes having some cutouts and landing tends to pop, but even those don't choke FPS which did happen before.

My first Architect kill went down so that I was showing the game for my uncle and audio crashed only once during the fight so uncle replugged USB while also doing some funny panic noises. :smiley:

Architect: BWIUUZZZT
Me: Throwing out skills and firing gun
Ally: Aim for the legs!
Ally: More Remnant!
Audio Interface: BRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Uncle: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Audio Interface: POP.
Uncle: Replugged it!
Me: Nice.
Architect: BWI TSK, UTATATATATATA
Ally: More Remnant!

1 Like

Im using an i3 and am having no audio issues :s

Did the patch show any apparent or significant improvements?

I use the surround option for sound and don't really get any audio issues apart from the usual game glitches where audio ques sometimes repeat after mission has finished or when NPCs have conversations off-camera and you can't quite hear them.

Yesterday I experienced a situation with peebee being perma dead and not being able to switch NPCs out until restarting the game.

As for guns, I think I will drop back to hardcore mode as I'm not really noticing any extra AI smartness at insanity mode except they now become crazy bullet sponges (you guys should try it to see what I mean, its crazy).

There are increased AI numbers in certain fights but overall it forces you to use weapons that deliver 1000++++ dmg to do anything effective, which is annoying as most other weapons in game just end up being a chore to use which isn't fun...

Extra credits analysis on Andromeda aminations:

1 Like

EA Crowd sourcing the story for Mass Effect Andromeda's next DLC:

1 Like