Mass effect Andromeda

It could have been.

I don't know. I never finished it (although I've read the endings on the wiki pages) and I know they changed the possible endings.

Meh. I just don't feel like the storyline grabs me. At no point do I really feel like "we've stepped into something we aren't prepared for" etc.

I am not defending Bioware because you are mostly correct, however the lore does kinda have an explanation for this:

Andromeda Spoilers:

From what I've played so far the only advanced species in Andromeda (At least in the Helios Cluster) are the Angara and the Kett, neither seem to have a large population, likely because of the scourge and that the Angara and Kett are and have been in a brutal war for a very long time, the Reapers sole intention is to harvest organic life-forms and Andromeda may not have the population to make that viable. The Protheans were wiped out by the Reapers and they waited in dark space for the Milky Way to develop up until the point of ME3 before they appeared from dark space in large numbers. Fun fact, Human cavemen were around during the Protheans extinction and the Reapers left them along so they could develop into an advanced civilization and be harvested at a later date.

2 Likes

Ahem...

The last memory fragments you unlock is all about the threat of the reapers and how they need to launch the arks now before the reaper invasion begins. You also hear transmission about reapers invading and liara saying to Alec Ryder that she hopes the initiative made it to Andromeda cause she isnt sure the Milky Way will survive. In other parts of the game there are mentions of a benefactor and how he/she/it provided funding for the initiative to go to Andromeda for unknown reason. Beyond that there isn't much more to that story and I imagine they're saving it for dlc or sequels.

Also as an aside, for me the kett's exaltation process seems too much like what reapers do to be coincidence.

3 Likes

So.

Story in this one worth a damned or no?

Allegedly.

I drew a lot of similarities between the Kett and the Collectors, wouldn't be totally beyond the possibly that they are also working for the Reapers as well.

ok choices

• 1080p allmax never below 60fps
  • 4k medium high never below 35 fps

0voters

Votes are public.

I'm enjoying the story. I really like the science and ideas behind what's going on.

That's what I've been thinking.

And I find myself wondering if The Scourge was the result of a failed attempt to destroy the reapers. Or some sort of horrible defense against them. Like a cosmic minefield of sorts.

Admittedly not a good defense since it kills indiscriminately

2 Likes

Fred from accounting just fucked up the program

I really want to try the game but it just seems so meh and i really don't want to buy it just because I'm a ME fanboy.

This game for me will be a "wait a year later then buy for $20-30" with hopefully fixes to things like UI and bugs. I doubt they could fix all of the animation issues but from everything I read about the game, the gameplay is good and the game integrates story and gameplay rather than segregate it like most games do. I like the idea that the things you do actually have a in-game world cause to it. That in of itself is its own story that the player can create.

1 Like

This.

Theres a part that concerns Krogans and Solarians that actually determins battle styles later on. Its great that it has a real impact.

1 Like

Hmm, after keeping an eye on things post release, I got off the andromeda train.

I think the nail in the coffin was the attention seeking designer. If that makes me a bad person, so be it :slight_smile:

As for ugly female characters, nothing compared to the space grannies from X: Rebirth!

Damn, that is extremely cool. ME:A has done provided emergent gameplay that not many AAA studios are willing to do. It is such a shame that that aspect will be overshadowed by the glaring flaws the game has and it is not unjustifiable to deny playing the game since many people have different expectations of playing Mass Effect.

This just enforces my rule to never buy a digital PC AAA game at launch.

Angry Joe review is up:

I swear I kept trying to buy the game. I kept convincing myself to go ahead and try it but kept pulling off. I like this series so much II had a damned N7 sticker on my motorcycle helmet but after listening to Joe's review it's going to be a next year purchase.

2 Likes

You have fantastic hobby and I think you are simply lost without it.

My Andromeda
Level 69, last mission starts after I manage to find Kett things from Voeld.

Insanity done
Time Played: 102:44:54
Game Completion: 99%
Unfinished missions: Task: Watchers, Nomad Shield Crafting
Character: Level 76, Infiltrator - Tactical Cloak, Singularity, Remnant VI

1 percent more.

Come on bro.

You can do it!

There is no way to get that last 1%. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

The Kett's exaltation process is indeed similar to what reapers do with biomass, but there is no reason to think that they have anything to do with eachother. It wouldn't make much sense.

IMO, it was just a cheap way to recycle the narrative tropes of the first trilogy's story to make the new one seem similar, but this time with organics instead of synthetics.

I just wish they went back to the original overarching plot of Mass Effect : how civilisations using element zero was accelerating galactic decay.

That was the original reason for the reapers to make sense : as Sovereign said in the first game, they were literally meant to be the gardeners of the Milky Way.
They were envisioned as both ensuring the development and survival of advanced lifeforms, but also culling organics if they grew to use too much eezo for their own good.

There's a reason why the game was called MASS EFFECT instead of "Synthetics and AI are dangerous : the game".