Manjaro and Lutris

Hi guys, Fresh install of Manjaro and no games want to start through Lutris or steam (proton enabled) I have downloaded different games and none of them start, Lutris: press play a couple of seconds later the button that would say stop now says start, complete launch fail. Any ideas? I got everything working on Ubunut but can’t get it on Manjaro

1 Like

Going to need a bit more info than that, but I’m sure we can work it out.

• What games?
  • Do you have the Lutris dependencies installed? It should have to download wine and wine-staging, if I remember correctly.
  • Also, what graphics card/drivers are you using?

So far games are BF:v, LoL, Starcraft ii, Anthem, Warframe. Lutris doesn’t complain about missing dependencies, wine v4.0+staging. RX580 with mesa 19xxx

While doing the system update after the fresh install I did get these warnings at the start of the operation:

warning: dependency cycle detected:
warning: bashrc-manjaro will be installed before its bash dependency
warning: harfbuzz will be installed before its freetype2 dependency
warning: mesa will be installed before its libglvnd dependency
warning: x264 will be installed before its ffmpeg dependency
warning: lib32-mesa will be installed before its lib32-libglvnd dependency

1 Like

Guessing the AMD drivers didn’t install properly. Trying installing those package dependencies and reinstalling the AMD driver

1 Like

I actually never even thought about that, it seems to have worked. Thanks guys

3 Likes

As far as I’m concerned, since the base is arch, everything shall run “fine” except some performance drop, I’ve tested Assassin’s Creed:Unity today and it has, I guess lower performance compared to windows, but still playable. I was running WoW and LOL for ages it is perfectly capable of delivering constant non jittery fps but it’s kinda depended on ur hardware.

How were you running unity? Does the script work?

a warning is not an error
update process should continue and will show later messages so user can check if warned packages and the dependency both install ok