Man to launch himself in homemade rocket to prove earth is flat

I want to know, is it?

9 Likes

what is on the other side of the disc? these are the questions we should be asking people!

1 Like

Reptilians obviously

7 Likes

A flat earther once told me that gravity was caused by the earth accelerating upwards. Even if you’re a young earth biblical literalist, that would mean we’re traveling faster than the speed of light right now, but that didn’t seem to bother him.

Flat earthers are idiots.

1 Like

I’m rather concerned by the shoddy craftsmanship on his previously launched parachute. You want large holes in your swiss cheese, not life-saving air sacks.

1 Like

The inverse square law alone can dismantle flat earth theories and can be observed with the naked eye.

I’m willing to listen to FE people without ridiculing them. No one’s getting through to anyone by calling each other stupid. I say all this mostly because there’s a fair number of FE activity in my town.

3 Likes

I am just gonna post my two cents here. I do not have anything in my belief structure that I have not experienced. I am not saying things arent real that I havent experienced… I just am not going to defend it with my life… like many would. I know fire hurts cause of experience. I am not sure how many people have been to space, but I bet its less then 1 percent of the population in over 50 years. When I went to school the sun was only 63 million miles away… it has changed 3 times since I was taught that. As a carpenter, I know a water level works to make things level… wierd on a ball but ok… gravity can hold trillions of tons of water… but not my cigarette smoke… ok…as far as flat earth… well I have climbed a mountain or two, and rolled down a hill now and again in my life. The only thing that is for sure is all we know is what we are told, if you havent experienced it.
One more interesting concept, the whole world is a ball thing was decided what 400 years before we could fly… I wonder if they would tell us, if they got it wrong.
It honestly doesnt matter if it is flat or a ball or a snow globe or what ever…

1 Like

That question has already been answered, it’s 4 elephants on the back of a giant turtle.

11 Likes

Here is also an old old theory about Atlas carrying the earth on his shoulders…atlas ball

2 Likes

Agreed. Hilarious.

This guy also takes the cake - seems to refute the particle nature of the electromagnetic spectrum and somehow seems to have an understanding of “Camera sensors”.

HELLO… those CMOS sensors are essentially doped silicon, it’s the photon energy (given by E=hv) that can give said electrons further energy (and the Fermi-Dirac distribution lets us estimate the probability of movement of electrons (and conversely, holes) into their various energy-levels within said doped silicon — pnp or npn. That’s basically TTL “physics” 101…

Ugh… infuriating.

This might be a controversial statement.

But I honestly would having nothing against it if he where to die in his contraption. To put it mildly.
Same goes for most flat-earthers.

Go test the darwinian theory. Because I see an award coming his way.

3 Likes

No it wasn’t, that’s a myth.

1 Like

Just two words I wanna tell this guy before going into Space, “Have Fun!”

Wasn’t it mathematically proven WAY before we had visual evidence that the Earth is roundish?

Edit: AHA! I know how to checkmate a Flat Earther!

Take two space crafts, and put one in California and one in Massachusetts, measure the distance, launch them into Space straight upwards at the same time, measure the distance again. If the distance is not equal, then the paths of the space crafts is NOT parallel, therefore, the Earth is NOT FLAT! CHECKMATE! What do they have to say about that?

Actually, for that theory you wouldn’t have to travel faster than light for this to work. Then again, that’s if you replaced acceleration with momentum.

But then there are a list of other Flat Earth theories that contradict this one. Seems like the Round Earth theory holds more ground.

Acceleration and momentum are completly different.
The “gravtiy by acceleration”-theory faces many problems. For example, where does the earth get the energy from to accelerate in the first place?

1 Like

How is acceleration and momentum completely different?

Momentum contains acceleration in some form to be able to have momentum in the first place.

Acceleration can gain momentum, by accelerating.

When something has momentum, it has acceleration.

If the earth accelerates and it isn’t known from where it has/gains acceleration, then a logical answer would be from itself.

1 Like

momentum describes the energy of an object
p = m * v

acceleration is the change in velocity of an object
a = v / t

2 Likes

Momentum, was not the proper word it seems. English is weird language sometimes.

What about force, instead of momentum? Impetus?

A simple ride in a jet should be more than enough proof that the Earth is round. Cost a lot less too.

4 Likes