Making unsupported ram work in my rig

So I ended up buying unsupported 2133MHz ram for my htpc and after some 2 years running in stable (I think) at 667Mhz I decided to configure it to run at it’s stock speeds and finally noticed my mistake when the pc started BSODing and such.

So I’d like to know from you guys if it’s worth it trying to find the best stable config to run this ram in my system or if i should buy compatible ram.

Note that even though I don’t want to overclock per se, I want to find the best configs with which I can run these memories in my system, so I guess the steps would be the same as when trying to overclock.

The system is a FM2+ AMD A10-7850k on a MSI A88XM-E45 (v1) motherboard.

The memories are the VENGEANCE® Pro Series — 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 DRAM 2133MHz C11 Memory Kit SKU CMY16GX3M2B2133C11 ( https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/High-Performance-Memory/VENGEANCE®-Pro-Series-—-16GB-(2-x-8GB)-DDR3-DRAM-2133MHz-C11-Memory-Kit/p/CMY16GX3M2B2133C11#tab-tech-specs )

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.