Make Your Own Damn Mayonnaise

Everybody needs an immersion blender. I love this one: http://amzn.to/18ksNRT. Also, if you are liking these videos go ahead and get some jars/glass containers. You'll need them. You can find several different ones here.

What you need:

• 2 Egg Yolks
  • 1 1/2 cup (375ml) sunflower / mild tasting oil
  • 1tbsp (15ml) white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
  • ~1tbsp (~15ml) lime juice
  • Pinch of salt
  • Smaller pinch of sugar
  • ~1tsp (~5ml) Dijon mustard

This recipe makes about 2 cups (500ml) of mayonnaise.

For any of you worrying that these videos might dilute our regular content... don't. These videos take way less time than a hardware video. We did this hand-held in one take. Pistol spent about 30 minutes cutting it down and that's it. Furthermore, these videos are unplanned. This is just life... We make our own mayo. Today we just decided to grab the camera and share it. Lastly, there are 24 hours in a day and I would go insane if I were doing only technology stuff... all day, every day. There is no balance in that. So, do not worry about this nonsense. It's extra content for people who want to improve their lives... Enjoy!

Made some nearly identical to this a week or so ago only with lemon because those were all I had haha. 

Love these how to live videos! Keep them coming. 

I flippin' love these videos

I got an excessive amount of duck eggs.. Maybe I should give this a try.

I should be doing homework but this is far more interesting.  

sweet.  Going to try to convince the wife to make this instead of store bought crap.  She's more granola than me so it should be a pretty easy convincin'

I need to get me a damn stick blender. So many things I could be making with one. 

Cheap/effective/easy to clean stick blender = Kalorik. Quite pleased, just drop the bottom end in the dishwasher.

Never buy mayo, salad dressing, smoothies, soup again. Great buy. I have 2 regular blenders that only get pulled out for parties for whiskey sours or summer margaritas. (for the relatives, I'm a rocks man).

Edit. Oh, and lemon. Lime is not mayo. Period.  .

....I need to get me a damn dishwasher.

So many things you could be cleaning with one...

Now i'm getting hungry

But if I make my own, how else will I get my preservatives and other add ingredients which are slowly killing me?

Wouldn't preservatives preserve you? Have I been drinking embalming fluid for nothing?

How long does that usually last for you guys in the fridge before it starts spoiling?

We eat it all before it goes bad, so we're not entirely sure. We had it for about 4-5 days before it was gone and it wasn't going bad at all. So probably up to about a week, maybe longer.

The salt does help a little, but I think the biggest helper is the mustard. Bacteria hates mustard.

I might just put this in my special sauce mix. (Special sauce= Mayo + Thousand Island and sometimes miracle whip because its mine and no one else's!)

I liked you guys for the tek videos to begin with but now that I see the way ya'll eat organic and quality food I'm in love.

For any of you worrying that these videos might dilute our regular content... don't.

No need to explain yourselves. This is your channel/website. Post what you want. I can definitely appreciate content other than tech. That being said, I'm not a big fan of mayonnaise, but I think I'm going to try and make this anyways. Perhaps my family will like it.

It lasts a very long time. Major ingredient=oil, keeps oxygen out.

Monschauer senf rules by the way. Industrial mustard has colorants and taste reinforcing chemicals, because much less seeds per gram of mustard are used.

Your eggs are huge! Or, maybe Pistol's hands are small...