Major graphical errors

OK so this is interesting the other GPU is working as good as new !!! So what's wrong with the 550? Busted ? Drivers

OK so this is interesting the other GPU is working as good as new !!! So what's wrong with the 550? Busted ? Drivers

Whoa whoa whoa whoa, whoever said clean the contacts with your fingers, no. The last thing you want to do is touch those contacts, that's a big ol no no. Compressed air or a lint-free fresh out the bag microfiber cloth.

i was meaning to use fingers on the heatsink and fan, and breath for removing dust from gold strips (and to be honest ive touched those strips on every card ive ever owned and none have ever busted because of it). Also as you dont go at them with a wire brush and remove the gold plate there shouldnt be any issues.

and it does seem that you have a busted 550ti

is my card busted? 

because of BF3?

probably a coil or resister on the PCB blown, happens from time to time.

so the card is useless? cant be fixed

theres a possibility of fixing it with baking (if its just a bad joint) but tbh thats pretty advanced and would require you knowing whats busted.

probably better off getting a new card.

ahh shit - says the 14 year old with a major budget!

would the shitty psu doone it ? it was above the power requiremtns but still shitty

it is definately possible, if the PSU supplyed to much voltage it could of blown something,

so thats the reason why the pc shutdown after the glitch in game?

well if the card got a volt spike and something popped on the card the drivers would encounter errors.

Think of it like this, your talking to somone about the weather (550ti playing BF3), then the person your talking too has a heart attack or something (voltage spike), you dont just carry on discussing the weather, you stop and call and ambulence (the pc restarts).

very odd analogy but it might give you an idea why it restarted (a pc retsarting randomly is its "oh shit somethings wrong" response.

i emailed nvidia about a warranty... ahaha so if i get a new GPU and the minimum requiremtents are 550W and i buy a GOOD

600W psu wil that mess things up