Major (for me) linux issue

Unfortunately these settings don’t work for me. I just tested them on Fedora 28 (Kernel 4.17.12). Hopefully the OP has better luck.

I don’t want to hi-jack the thread, but if this is actually the same issue as the OP is experiencing I am happy to run any tests because I have a spare machine with the R9 360 in it and can run the tests pretty quickly and report the results.

1 Like

ok so ive removed the 390 and installed the nvidia card, installed the proprietary drivers and it seems to work, now I need to find a distro I can use for gpu passthrough into a windows virtual machine using the r9 390 for linux and n evga 1080ti ftw3 for windows, that wont crash

you’re gonna have a hard time trying to switch around the host card in a live system.

i think you misunderstand. the primary os will be linux using 1 card and a virtual machine with a separate card being passed through to a virtual machine. 2 cards, 2 operating systems, no switching

ah, i figured you’d want to do handoff since you said you were using nvidia on the host system.

no that would be stupid, and the host machine will use a amd card with an nvidia card being for windows, the 1080ti is a good choice because of the 10-15% performance loss

not necessarily, you could actually use nvidia-xrun so you always have the best performing card available,

Like I said, though, I just misread your post.