Major fail hp

I recieved (Stole) my moms old HP Pavillion DV 5000, which I cant even get to boot, it seems as though, EVEN THOUGH IT WAS JUST REPLACED DUE TO THE SAME ISSUE, it happened again, the fan controller sucks, and Turns to 100 percent, and will completely turn off. WHen I monitor the temps, the cpu goes from 60F, to 200F in 40 seconds, then the laptop shuts off....Now, after shutting down, it wont even boot! It shuts off suddenly on boot!.....Im going to work on it tomorow....I hate HP, because this is the laptop I have to use to plugin my video camera to!.....HP FAIL....I took a really low quality digital camera video though.

Look at the attachment:

lol my mom has a macbook and a old dell inspiron 6000 and the dell is actually doing great besides a worn out mouse.

my hp is working fine no problems with it

I was able to boot. And install speedfan. Which couldnt control the fan for some reason. Looked at temperture. And it was 110+C. Anyone know any fan controling programs? The fan is working, it just only isn't spinning like it should. I want to manually set it. Know any programs?

P.S: I smell burning after it goes past 110c. The highest I've seen it do is 127. This is becoming critical. I'm not even going to turn it on. Untill someone here has an idea. Don't say warranty. It is past that. And it was bought at cuircut city. Which is now bankrupt.

omg noob.

Open the laptop > Take off the thermal paste from cooler, put new thermal paste on, install cooler back...

:) Its easy

GreenSLi wrote 3 minutes ago »

omg noob.

Open the laptop > Take off the thermal paste from cooler, put new thermal paste on, install cooler back...

:) Its easy

Dude, too many parts to go through =O

I have done it... Twice.

Laptop still looks brand new..

Nate:

When the laptop is like going superhot, you dont try to boot it and control fans lol, you have to open it and remove dust and check if the cooler works / is touching the cpu

ooh! protip: get an air compresser =D

Ad blow the dust even deeper inside the pc? x]

i have to send in my asus g50 to asus =( my lcd inverter is dysfunctional

sounds like theres one of two things wrong with it.

1. The heatsink on the CPU lost contact with it and the maptop is shutting off once it gets too hot.

2. theres an insane amount of dust inside and you just need to scrape it all out

Im installing win 7 on it right now...it booted...finally, im going to go and clean it out later today, but right now, im doing server stuff 4 tonight.

Nate wrote 26 minutes ago »

but right now, im doing server stuff 4 tonight.

Fun.

Umm...Ok, If found out this issue......well, I have a dog (Has cancer, is on Chemo, therefore sheds more then normally, No hes not bald).....IT WAS DOG HAIR CAUGHT IN CPU FAN!....Cleared it out.

DAMN....IT JUST DID IT AGAIN BEHIND ME!