Mainstreamness

How do you react when everyone starts listening to "your" artist? An artist you would expect noone to listen to.

When almost everyone at my school started listening to Motörhead(including that retard who only listens to one song for ten days before he moves on to the next song) I felt like I died a little bit inside. I know i shouldn't feel that way, but it just happened.

It made me not want to wear a Motörhead t-shirt ever again, or play any of "my" music in public.

happens all the time get used to it.... most you can do is move on.... or you can tell them to get f***ed

I hate it... especially when people CANT decide what they like themself, but choose to like what their friends like..

My friends was like;

"Hey Thomas is this music good?"

Yeh! we'll all listen to Black metal cuz Gizle does.

My friend asked one of the so called "Mark Knopfler fans" what the name of Dire Strait's guitarrist was. The couldn't answer. epic moment

I could care less about the mindless mass and what they like... if a band becomes popular because they rock then it's cool... if a band sells out (In Flames) then they suck... seriously... this was the end of In Flames (officially):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bm4r8oNm-o

Man.... In Flames used to be fairly good too.

I dont really care what people listen to.... Some kids are stupid and just say they like something to be cool

But that just makes them stupid and I laugh at them :P

That song is fucking horrible.

On a side note it made me think of Disturbed, and to be honest, Their newest CD isn't that bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=redqWpJfz6Y

Logan wrote 1 hour ago »

I could care less about the mindless mass and what they like... if a band becomes popular because they rock then it's cool... if a band sells out (In Flames) then they suck... seriously... this was the end of In Flames (officially):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bm4r8oNm-o

I died a little inside when they released that mate. pre-2000 In Flames was amazing ;[

@Jarinal, doesn't happen too often with the genre I listen but what once got me pissed was when everyone started listening to Raining Blood from Slayer because of Guitar Hero..Same goes with Take This Life - In Flames from GH3, I mean it's not even a good song, it's not even In Flames, it's freaking pop. I feel ashamed to wear my The Jester Race (In Flames best album IMO) shirt now because of all the scene kids listening to their recent releases...

/sad kitty

Bump for update.

One of my friends saw me listening to Black Sabbath yesterday. Today i went to his last.fm account and saw that he had played Black Sabbath - Paranoid 17times in a row.

Makes me sick. Get yer own f**ken taste man.

I doubt it'll happen to me and my Enigma. Non of my friends/associates have heard of them unless I tell them about them.

your taste in anything isnt original and caring whether someone likes the same stuff as you is a waste of time.

its only bad if they start acting like fans. if they listen to it for a week and then decide to move on, its their call, but its lame as hell when people listen to two or three songs for a little while then consider themselves fans.

"hey guys have you heard enter sandman? omg metallica rules" <- typical metallica fan

Div wrote 54 minutes ago »

"hey guys have you heard enter sandman? omg metallica rules" <- typical metallica fan

OMG I HEARD THT ON GUITAR HERO

I don't really care what other people listen to.

But when I start hearing a song that i like over and over again around campus, I kinda start not liking the song anymore.

So i just move on. just a waste of time to btch about it.

Div wrote 11 hours ago »

If you ever bring Enter Sandman up again, I might just have to kill you.. that song... :( bad.

What's really annoying is when they listen to the bands you like, and for weeks they tell you how much they suck.

I've had people compare and say Disturbed are better than Pantera(no contest everyone here knows which one is superior). I wanted to kill them, with my Pantera shirt, but then I realized it was too good to strangle them with.

I usually just kill people if they try to listen to music that i like. I own it and thats the final word.

luckily the bands i listen to

thrice / circa survive / the fall of troy

no one listens to them ,but

TFOT was on GH3 >:O stupid newbs think they know the band like the back of their wenis

Chevelle, AFI, System of a Down.

if an artist i enjoy listening to suddenly becomes very popular and signed by a big time label, thus becoming mainstream, i wouldn't give it any thought about all the new hop-on fans because the artist has worked hard to get to where he/she is. it's quite obvious that with more exposure, more people are going to either love or hate "your" artist. with becoming mainstream, all i get worried about is that the artist begins to come up with garbage that isn't worth listening to anymore.

That's normally what happens, good bands/groups turn into bad bands/groups because they release a load of mainstream garbage trying to please the majority of people, and turns into something it never used to be.