Made by Google 2019 Event - Livestream [Over]

I’m getting $799 for the pixel 3, $899 for the XL.

No fudging way!

1 Like

I just checked that’s right. Could of sworn it was $649 tho.

Either way still pricy AF

Maybe that one that was released in between these two?

As for a price I guess it depends on the physical build and the software support they are providing. Is it still just 3 years?

I mean… it’s HP so I’m not sure just how good those are. But still probably a fairy big addition. There seems to be multiple models but they look to be about £200+

1 Like

Oh. I thought you meant that they were including the pixel book go.

2 Likes

Don’t be ridiculous this is google we’re taking about :smile:

I checked the specs as well on the pixel. Still only three years of updates.

The battery also seems to be quite small did they say anything about that?

1 Like

Still want the Pixelbuds tho. Q1 2020 is big gay tho

Nest aware prices are going down. Yay.

The nest WiFi seems kinda phat.

I need to look it up later on but in case anyone has more info to share I’ve read that the ‘faceid’ on the pixel 4 doesn’t even detect eyes. It will still unlock with your eyes closed.

1 Like

Well if you don’t need your eyes I guess it’s inclusive to pirates, how does it far against facial hair

Yup was just reading about that. It will work if you are asleep or dead apparently. Wool the cops wil love it, or maybe just insecure partners. Gonna have the stow the phone away in the safest place you can think of… Like a pocket watch say.

Some people have a setting that requires your eyes to be open but the BBC have apparently confirmed with google that this is not an option that will be available on release. I presume because it doesn’t work.

1 Like

Oh it’s also suggested that it may be able to unlock your phone using your deceased rotting corpse. But as no one wants to test this scenario it’s not been confirmed.

I am still very excited for the voice recording software. YouTube could use it and people can jump exactly to where a person said something instead of guessing and remembering the time at which someone said something.

1 Like

Some good stuff. I’m glad they included the face authentication as it will add a little competition hopefully (though I’ll be honest the iOS implementation is excellent)

The best thing we have is the fact that there two main mobile operating systems. One would be a disaster.

1 Like

Yet, I bet the police will be all to happy to test it given the opportunity.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.