M.2 2280 to m.2 22110 adapter?

Hey, this might be a weird / dumb question:

Does anybody know of any nvme m.2 adapters that would plug into a 2280 length slot and raise it up a bit allowing a 22110 size nvme to be slotted in. Assuming there are no obstructions in the way at the end of the 2280 slot.

I have an Odroid H2+ and it can take a 2280. A 22110 would hang over the end of the board, but there is no components in the way of a 22110, except I have no way to screw the extra 22110 nvme drive down. I am imagining a straight through pass through card that would extend the slot screw down length.

Thanks for your time and have a great day.

Could just bodge it with a sticky pad?

2 Likes

That’s probably what I’d do. I wouldn’t expect to find anything which adapts from 2280 to 22110 but still fits in the original 2280 slot unless you want to jump down the rabbit hole of 3D printing it yourself, or something like that.

1 Like

@Zibob For testing, sure. For something more permanent, not really. Sticky tape has the habit of getting unstuck over time :frowning:

@MtKingsnake I’d suggest a metal clip that secures the NVMe drive to the mainboard, or perhaps something simple as a zip-tie secured to the cooling fins. Don’t over-tighten :wink:

1 Like

Just drill a hole through to where the 80mm screw goes :wink:

But seriously, I would just take a plastic (not metal because… electronics) clip to hold it down. I have never seen an adaptor like that, probably because most boards that can actually fit a 22110 already have a standoff for it, and there’s not really any other use-case where it would be commercially viable to make an adaptor.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.