LVL1 Dual Monitor 1.4 DP KVM HP Laptop Display Issue

Hello,

Any ideas what’s causing this issue when switching to my work laptop?

Hardware:
KVM: LVL1 Dual monitor 1.4 DP 2 computer KVM
Monitors: ASUS ROG Swift 27” 1440P Gaming Monitor (PG279QM)
Computer 1: HP EliteBook 850 GS Base Model Notebook PC (SN 5CG9150SF7).
Computer 1 Docking station: HP UltraSlim Docking Station USion (SN 2TK901Z6M7). Station is powered and has dual DP inputs.

Computer 2: Custom build PC running a 2080ti graphics card. NO ISSUES

The issue in the attached picture only happens on the laptop. The DP cables are lvl1 cables purchased with the KVM. When switching to the laptop channel, it takes a good 30-35 seconds before the picture appears.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
IMG_5371

Just for further clarification this only happens for the first 30ish seconds? If you use the same cable does the same thing still happen when switching systems connected directly to the monitor?

Hello,

Sorry I wasn’t clear. No, the screens are black for the first 30-35 seconds then the distorted picture appears and does not change.

I did try switching cables between computer 1 and 2 to see if the problem would follow and it does not.

Thank you.

Bump.

Anyone have any ideas? Struggling with this one.

Thanks.

And everything works fine when you connect the laptop directly to the monitor? If so then @wendell will probably be the only person that can assist further.

Should try super short cables from the dock. Also see if the dock has a firmware update.