Lunduke drinks the kool-aid, declares HTTPs dangerous

If he backed up his opinion with facts and documentation I’d be on board with his message. None of these things exists in that video.

Lunduke’s doing a linux is fucked from his basement.

He most probably is. He kind a said so that he will. the idea is to kick butt and see if it invokes better tech etc.

Nothing is holy and untouchable. (edit)

actually, having watched the follow up video [Religion], I’m inclined to say I agree with him on how frustrating it is to simply express an opinion and get absolutely blasted for it in ways that don’t even relate to the opinion itself. He was probably wrong in what he said, judging by the feedback I’m seeing here and on Youtube, but jesus christ. Equating a person to racists and psychopaths has become the new “easy button” for disagreements on the internet.

1 Like

We haven’t related to him in those terms you listed, but I agree with what you’re saying.

What we’re saying is that there’s science and math to back up the viability of the technology, and to say otherwise because of your feelings is stupid. We should call out stupid people for being stupid.

1 Like

I unsubscribed well before the loonatics that held fast on his channel. Want to toss poo you better be in the poo pit for ammo.

Cant back up whats on youtube. Lunduke is not a teen girl.

i was referring to the Twitter tirade he shows in the video.

1 Like

Yeah that guy is just as bad in his response, on the other hand, he picked out one guys tweet… from how many? Even this thread has its replies that could be taken and shown as ill thought or not fully formed. That guy though obviously takes it to the next level. His reply video though came across as to suggest that that one person was representative of the whole :confused: a tactic used regularly by many, and not a great one to use. Im not sure if that was his intention or not.

1 Like

I haven’t watched the video in question but I took assumption you were talking about an external discussion regardless. I just wanted to highlight that just because someone calls out someone for being dumb doesn’t necessarily mean they’re being malicious in intent.

I started using twitter again after removing everyone and its manageable now…Wendell spams the most and there is spacex, elon musk and Ryan and Kreestuh . That is nearly to much spam in a day.

1 Like

the issue BEING though, that this ISN’T rare. It’s NOT just one wackadoodle spamming “kys”. This shit happens A LOT in the tech world, which is his point.

This specific issue, yes, there were probably 50 tweets explaining why he was incorrect that he could’ve shown and were probably reasonable. But the POINT was, a dude online criticises some glob of code, and gets the “literally Hitler” treatment. Is that not the height of insanity?

Thing is and why I respect Ryans twitter. There are 10,000 tweets from every moran on the plantet and nothing from Ryan.

When Ryan tweets I will listen I prefer silence to metal conditions that make you tweet bowl movements.

1 Like

For those interested in the possible backdoor:

Nah, that’s just a cop out.
People aren’t angry that he is having a conversation criticizing HTTPS, they are angry at how poorly he did it.
Edit: Also, he isn’t having a conversation as far as I know. Plenty of thoughtful comments on his YouTube video, and he only responded to one to say how sexy he is.

6 Likes

I feel like I always need to throw in the caveat that this only applies to ECDSA and not to Ed25519 which is very secure.

5 Likes

Im fairly sure people knew the emcryption was flawed almost immediately. Thats the thing about encryption, its flaws are hard to hide.

4 Likes

Most people still fail to understand the work in progress concept … which basically applies to everything.

I just do not understand where these people who demand perfection keep coming from. It is good to aspire to but lets not expect things to be perfect because it is not and never will be. We as people hopefully continue to grow and expand or understanding of the world.

1 Like

if you are referring to his final point, It is just poor argument logic. An attempt to back up his point with irrefutable statement. The burdeon is on you to prove his argument wrong, by producing encryption that cannot be broken. If you can’t, then all current encryption is broken and useless.

All the more reason to get tech news from people who understand it.

No… I just do not entertain the idea that anything is perfect. Simple. We all know this in relation to our hobby/interests. Not exactly sure how illogical it is to think that nothing is perfect.

Ah yeah. I agree. It might be one day when we understand the mysteries of the universe. Futurama did this.
In the mean time, things are more complex than they seem.