Lptop for VMs nd light gming

Some of the keys on my lptop re broken. Cluster of keys on the right side.

I'm looking for replcement lptop tht is ble to run VMs, Dul boot to lern Linux, nd do light gming, I mostly ply DOT@2.

Wendell sid 4core nd 16GB of RM. If possible I'm looking for lptop under $600. Do you think tht budget is too low?

1 Like

That's a tight budget for what you are looking for. But maybe you can find a Refurbished model with a GPU for your games. You should be able to run VM's with anything higher than an i5 comfortably.

Did a quick search at Product Chart and found HP Probook 2016.
Dota2 should run @ >30fps Medium graphics quality at the laptops native resolution.

A used Dell M4600 with 180W power adapter is my recommendation. Can normally be had with an i7 2720qm, 16GB ram, and Quadro 2000M for less than $600.

I wonder what a thinkpad x220 would do with light gaming.

Chuwi 14.1 looks nice, and has plenty of ram and space upgradability. From what I hear 2 Ram slots and a free M.2 slot.

Also I laughed a little to hard at this thread. Keyboard and the lack of As brought back a fond memory.

Find a used lenovo y50

I'm using x220 to play Left 4 Dead 2. With the default settings I got around 20-40 fps playing with my friends online. Games like Dota2 might be ok too.

Maybe you should look into used Thinkpads with i7. 4 Cores for the i7, many support 16GB RAM