Loosing HDR control on tv after adding another screen

After adding an LG 1440p g-sync compatible monitor all the settings in the display option for the TV are greyed out, if I unplug the new monitor everything comes back to normal and I can change resolution scaling and HDR. Also in the nVidia control panel the same happens.
I am using windows 10 1709 and I also tried 1903. I also tried swapping cable ports on the video card.

That’s weird. I have a somewhat similar setup with a Windows 10 PC connected to an LG television and a ROG GSync HDR monitor. I can configure HDR on both displays. (Although the television is actually lying about supporting it. i mean, it has zone dimming but is not OLED and kind of looks stupid in HDR mode.)

Could it be a limitation of RAM on the GPU? Mine is a 1080 Ti. HDR is generally 10-bit and will consume more VRAM for each display.

I looked and saw a post on reddit from 2 years ago with the same problem, he said he did get it fixed when someone asked as thru also had the same problem but infortu ately forgot how.

So it should work… Somehow

Have you tried switching which monitor is set to primary?

Yes everything about HDR and Windows is still weird, in fact I kind of solved it in a very nonsense way: if I click on Identify and then scroll down the HDR button works again, I have to click identify every time I want to change that setting lol

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.