Looking to upgrade a 2 year old PC

Oh it does support freesync? Oh i didn't noticed that... Oh sorry... Wow, the price is really good then...

I did notice the microcenter in Paterson NJ has an open box 8350 for 119.96 and 120 gig ssd for 40 bucks, sandsik I think

Yeah, that's a normal price everywhere...

That's actually a pretty nice build regardless!

I've heard nothing but good things about the FX-6300 (in-fact most of the FX series are pretty beast anyway) so the CPU should be all good for now.
Have you considered getting an aftermarket cooler? You could overclock that bad-boy if you haven't already done so!

Although considering your storage, an SSD is a very worthy addition (Boot times are actually insane when you compare them haha - plus extra storage!)

1 Like

GPU upgrade to R9-380, and a SSD would be some cool upgrades.

Get ssd
Get new gpu 960/970 or maybe a 290/290x

The rest is still good.

Get a 250-500gb SSD then take somemone out on a date with the leftover cash, or maybe a 1440p monitor instead (since your games are so low demand I imagine a 7870 could handle it)

SSD was the best upgrade I made to my PC. It may not give you higher frame-rates, but the machine will feel a lot faster.
240GB+

Dat copy pasta typo.

Also I agree completely with what you said, although the 7870 is still a decent GPU and the GTX 960 is a pile of useless trash.

1 Like

Dammit ;)

Yeah, I would go 290,290x

If you get an SSD and do a clean install, use Sean's guide over on overclock.net. This is my default method now when installing windows on any PC....if you're using windows. Here's the link: