Looking to purchase a Model M

I’ve been looking around for a PS/2 Model M buckling spring keyboard but the only ones i can find go for $80+ on ebay. Are there any other places I should look to find a reasonably priced one?

I’ve seen that the terminal models go for cheaper (roughly $30), but I would like one with a standard ANSI layout as I plan on using it on my desktop.

not really.

ewaste, goodwill, thrift store, etc are gonna be the best places

3 Likes

Dang. Well thanks for the advice, I’ll see if there are any thrift stores nearby I can check.

I’ve been able to get them for $60-70 on ebay with some looking around. If you have some relatives who were buying computers back in th 80s or 90s ask them if they have any ancient computers in their basement. With a good amount of luck someone might have a model M knocking about that they’d completely forgotten. Thrift stores are a good way to go too, but tbh in my experience those are just as hit and miss as acquaintances, if not more so. Craigslist might have some?

See if you have a recycling center nearby where you live, because that’s probably by far your best bet if you can find one. I’ve had no luck whatsoever finding a single e-waste center anywhere near where I live. For me, eBay was my only option. They’re damn nice keyboards though, if you get the real ones.

Got one here that’s missing an alt key

Whats your reasonable price?

1987 silver label

1 Like

Hey it’s not nice to tease. Nobody in their right mind would sell a silver label Model M.

I got mine for free in the back corner of an IT closet, I’m not attached to it.

I have a black labeled one

Hmmm… Perhaps I need to start a giveaway thread.

3 Likes

I would gladly enter

Thanks for all the help guys, I managed to purchase a blue label Model M with all rivets in tact from ebay for $60. Still a bit more than I was hoping to spend but it’s in great condition and I’m loving it so far.