Looking to have a custom system built

… it will be kinda of a high end thing (got most of the parts now) and while I’ve never built a system before I would like to give it a run. Problem is, even having watched a bunch of videos, including Level1 videos, I don’t want to screw something up. Which got me thinking, in these pandemic times, does anyone know of a service where you can connect into someone who really knows how to build systems via zoom, or something like that, who can watch you build your PC and give you advice along the way?

1 Like

just SEND IT mate

There is no way you could do worse than this:

3 Likes

I’d be willing to help, depending on the time zone etc… Skype or something. I’m sure you can do it. BUT if you need help I’d be happy to. I’m no expert, but have built over 30 systems that all booted without issue. All my water-cooling builds have survived without leaks if thats any help lol.

I’m sure you could do it and ask questions just when you have issues.

1 Like

If you’re willing to get some help from the community instead of relying on a third party that would be the best thing.
You’re gonna learn the way it works so that, if you ever need to work on it or change/upgrade something in the future, you’ll be able to work on it.
Getting together a system is not difficult, but it’s tricky. But surely most of the people know all the details to get a system to post perfectly on the first try.

I’m advocating instead of offering my help just because my current situation doesen’t allow it unfortunately. Else, if the timezone worked out, I would’ve been happy to hop on a call to help you out.

1 Like

@HaaStyleCat @MetalizeYourBrain Thanks. Maybe I just need more confidence :slight_smile: It’ll still be a couple weeks before I can get the last piece I need ( a power supply on back order ) so maybe I’ll just wait till then, take a run and it and put my hand up if I see smoke coming out of the motherboard !

2 Likes

Ah, youll do fine. Take your time, double check, dont force anything, follow the instructions. I bet you’ll do better than you think. I’m stuck at home all week but can get back to you fairly quickly if need be.

1 Like

Unless you’re actively trying to make the motherboard smoke that’s not gonna happen. The moment you install correctly the CPU in the socket you’re on the way to success for sure.
Other than that it’s just a matter of care in not slamming components in the slots and using the correct 8 pin for the CPU and the GPU.

Surely that helps. Getting rid of the shaky hands of the first build is a nice bonus haha

1 Like

@HaaStyleCat You’re a good man, we need more like you!

1 Like

@MetalizeYourBrain … as are you. Thanks for the encouragement.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.