Looking to get a 32 inch 4k Monitor

Hey everyone,

I am currently using a 40 inch 4k AMH A409u. I love this thing, but games at 1440p look quite blurry to me, and for my workflow, I would really benefit from having 2 32-inch 4k monitors instead of 1 40-inch 4k.

I can't get a second 40 inch due to desk space.

Is there a clear winner on 32 inch 4k monitors? I'd be looking at Korean monitors from Crossover or QNIX due to pricing. Any thoughts would be great.

Been using the Crossover 324k for over a year now and have been loving it. The newer ones are supposedly better, and I think that there is an ips version available. So yeah, I would recommend going that route.

Not to sound like I'm interrogating you, had a few questions.

I know that the way Linux DE's handle DPI scaling is wonderful, but have you tried it on Windows? How's the scaling?

Are you a gamer? If so, what's your experience with it on that front?

I will get around to taking a picture of it (maybe, when I have more than a moment), but I use Windows 7 as a daily driver and have not used windows scaling once so far. But be warned, a lot of people that have seen my monitor think that everything is too small to be able to read effectively. I don't know if I just have good close vision, but it works for me. Roughly arm distance away and I can read everything just fine. I will zoom in some on a browser on occasion if I am sitting back (think of it as full screening). Otherwise, I have had no problems at all.

For gaming, it isn't terribly fast (I calculated the latency with a slow mo camera at some point, but that is in the original 324k thread about the video Wendell posted and I can't be arsed to find that right now), but I don't do any competitive gaming, so I don't really care. For games like Pillars of Eternity and Withcer 3 (ie the games that I play), it is fine. Even GTA V seems fine, but again, I am no twitch gamer.

1 Like