Looking to build a PCIe passthrough gaming rig

Hey guys,

Im finally getting ready to replace my aging 4770k build.

I would like to max out my build at around 2k USD.

I want to go Linux Base + Win10 KVM with PCIe Passthrough.
I have a GTX 1080 for Windows and plan to snag a Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT for Linux.

I already have several SSDs and NVMe SSDs. along with a couple HDDs.
I plan to use my existing Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium card for the Windows VM.

I need a TRX40 build recommendation that fits in my budget. I prefer Seasonic power supplies.
I will need a Case upgrade from my old Corsair Graphite 600T (the buttons and such dont work well anymore (this includes the USB ports)).
I dont care about RGB. I care about airflow and would love the option to install 200mm fans. So a case that would support up to 200mm case fans.
Im not a big fan of liquid cooling but if it meets the requirements, Im ok with it.

I will be doing some Star Citizen on the rig so at least 32GB of RAM is required. Probably 64GB to play it safe so that I can split the RAM between Windows and Linux.

Im probably around 6 months away from building it but will get the stuff like case, PSU, etc piecemeal. So I will have it ready for the build when I have all the stuff. Im timing the build for when I have my car note paid off.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.