What I’ve come up with so far: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/3qs9pb
Budget. How much are you willing to spend?
Somewhere between 2000-2500€
Where do you live (what country, don't post specific details), and what currency do you use?
Is there a retailer you prefer?
Would like to use Amazon Germany as much as possible, Mindfactory is also acceptable
Do you need or already have peripherals? (this can add to costs)
Need a monitor, will reuse other peripherals
What will you be using your Glorious computer for? Gaming? Rendering? Mix of both? Or is this a home media PC or Steam Box?
Gaming, 1440p/144hz is the plan. Example games would be Dishonored 2, NieR: Automata, Middle-Earth: Shadow of War
Do you overclock or want to get into overclocking?
Nope and currently not planning to do so
Do you plan on going for custom water-cooling now, or in the future?
Operating System. Do you need a new one?
Questions and concerns I have in mind at the moment:
1) Are there any blatantly poor choices in the list, i.e. parts that are known to be bad quality?
2) Current build is slightly too expensive, cutting the price down by a few hundred would be nice. What to replace with something cheaper?
3) PcPartpicker gives an estimated wattage of 465W. Is a 650W PSU overkill or would a 550W one have enough leeway?
4) How important is the speed on memory? Would I see a meaningful difference between DDR4-2400 and DDR4-3000?
5) Liquid vs. air cooling. Is one or the other preferable for this setup?
6) Should I get extra case fans or is there enough air flow?
Overall I’m looking for a powerful, reliable machine that would be able to handle AAA titles well for a few years at least. My current PC sounds like a jet engine under load, so quietness would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance for your input.