Looking to build a gaming system £1200-£2000

thanks for all the help berserker i'm very greatful, do you rate the gigabyte over the evga 780? also whats the difference the caviar blue and black? prob gonna go with intel option but with lil extra( 16gb ram and 80 plus gold PSU and ofc the asus monitor) ((so much for the budget)) lol

8GB is already overkill for gaming. If you want to do some editing, get higher frequency, low CAS RAM, and 16GB.

You can buy 8GB and add the additional 8GB later. I did that to save money.

It appears to me that all the stock 780s are identical. I love my stock 780. If you want to fork out the extra cost for an aftermarket cooler, EVGA and Gigabyte are both good options. They both have a good level of warranty. I thik EVGA would be a safe bet, I have no idea if Gigabyte voltage lock their cards. I know they have done it previously.

Black is supposed to be better, I think it is a tiny tiny bit faster, and has better warranty. But... it is a HDD... who cares? I just get what has capacity, and it cheap. If it breaks, I will stamp on it. I would maybe buy a HDD with better warranty. In my view, they are all just as likely to fail, and there isn't much of a speed difference between 7200RPM drives.

As for gold rated PSU. A gold rated PSU isn't the only thing you should check. Make sure it has good voltage regulation, single 12v rail, et cetera.

Those fans are terrible, by the way. If you want his computer to sound like a jet engine, go ahead.

There is no way an 8350 will bottleneck any single GPU out there, even a Titan.

Generally speaking, Intel doesn't do anything better. Sure, historically, their CPUs provide industry leading per-ore performance, but in games that support more cores, that individual core performance becomes irrelevant.

If you have that kind of budget, you should go with an Intel CPU. You have more than enough money to do so.

Provide your reasoning:

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1cUbg

Dual 780's.

I have just had better first hand experience with Intel products. All of my friends that also have an Intel CPU and never had had a problem. Though I have had two PCs with AMD cpus and they didn't last very long(though you have to take into account that they were regular office PCs that my parents bought, and they usually have less quality control). I mean the best thing to do would be to look at benchmarks online, because even though people on forums have opinions numbers and facts are the truth in the end. 

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/750w-nzxt-hale90-750m-modular-90-eff-80-plus-gold-sli-crossfire-eps-12v-quiet-fan-atx-v22-psu

Yep, that's a good supply.

Well, we appear to have different sources for our "facts". I am in the belief that Intel has better productivity. However, AMD and Intel are considered equal in gaming performance. With games favouring either platform.

You have to match the platform to peoples needs and wants. As far as I am concerned, the 8320 can be bought for the same price as an i3, and it has proven itself to be a very good editing AND gaming CPU.

I am an Intel user.

There can be absolutely no need to buy dual 780s. What monster resolution are you planning on running? xD

In all honesty, I've bought a 780, and it maxes out my 1440p panel. The performance of one 780 is enough. really is an impressive GPU.

I'm running 4k, bitch. 

(If only)

8k is in the works, apparently

thanks for everyone's input, i thought i had already posted here but i guess not. 

this is what i went witn http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1fEgx

the case was/is alot bigger than i thought it was gonna be but i still like it 

Looks good.

A case of that size would be good for watercooling.

yeah ill have to save up for that and a monitor/new tv with higher Hz