Looking into Looking Glass

So I have a spare pc that is an
i7-6700 in a Z170 OC Formula. I will be putting a GTX 980 and a GTX 1070 in a bit. It currently only has 16 GB of ram. Which I’m okay adding more to.

I was wondering if their was any hardware limitation in that setup for running looking glass. I was thinking about two VMs. On Windows with one gpu for gaming and a linux VM. I would probably play what games I can on the linux system. I would be using the linux system for my daily driver.

This will be my first foray into something this difficult. But its a newer cpu than my everyday pc and I think I can overcome the challenges assuming the hardware is capable. Any advice or reasons this may not work?

As long as the IOMMU grouping allows for the second GPU to be in its own group, you should be good. I did a quick search, but didn’t find any info.

There are dedicated topics for Looking Glass and VFIO. Might want to add them to your post for greater visibility.

Thanks for that. I updated the topics.

Now I know what to look for at least. I’ll see what I can turn up.

I wish I could start a build around a Ryzen 5 59xx. But those are not readily available. I did contemplate a 1st gen thread ripper from ebay for this project.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.