Looking Glass - Triage

I also am using 2.11.1 and have had a great experience with looking glass. One thing i recommend if you just cannot get input to work well is to just pass through another keyboard and mouse. Also make sure you are capturing the keyboard and mouse with scroll lock or the key you set if you changed it.

With the RTX 2060 card I have I just ended up using a cheap HDMI kvm off of amazon and hooked it up directly to the video card, using the type-c port on the RTX as the usb controller. I know it bypasses looking glass, but it works. Just another idea.

Yeah I definitely only have 2.11.1 but I’m not sure if it would be worth it to upgrade since I just passed my keyboard through and that works fine. The command I used was qemu-systen-x86_64 --version

Would it be worth upgrading to try and fix the stutter issue or should I try cpu pinning first?

I would try pinning first, then upgrade. I think you’re probably encountering the qemu version issue, but the CPU pinning will probably be easier.

2 Likes

hey after a few days of messing with stuff i got the driver installed for the shmem file. but it still says run in foreground mode -f for more information
when i run the exe

Okay, so do that and post the output.

1 Like

yes my question is how do i run in foreground mode

Exactly as the instructions state, pass the -f switch.

do i use -f PATH Specify the path to the shared memory file

no, run the host exe with the -f switch, not the client.

do i use HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

i dont know how to pass the -f switch

:man_facepalming:

Open a command prompt, and run:

cd PATH
looking-glass-host.exe -f 

Where PATH is the location of the looking-glass-host.exe

1 Like

oh…

is this correct??

[I]     CaptureFactory.h:83   | CaptureFactory::DetectDevice   | Trying DXGI
[I]             DXGI.cpp:232  | Capture::DXGI::Initialize      | Device Descripion: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
[I]             DXGI.cpp:233  | Capture::DXGI::Initialize      | Device Vendor ID : 0x10de
[I]             DXGI.cpp:234  | Capture::DXGI::Initialize      | Device Device ID : 0x1b06
[I]             DXGI.cpp:235  | Capture::DXGI::Initialize      | Device Video Mem : 11132 MB
[I]             DXGI.cpp:236  | Capture::DXGI::Initialize      | Device Sys Mem   : 0 MB
[I]             DXGI.cpp:237  | Capture::DXGI::Initialize      | Shared Sys Mem   : 4095 MB
[I]             DXGI.cpp:241  | Capture::DXGI::Initialize      | Capture Size     : 1920 x 1080
[I]             DXGI.cpp:298  | Capture::DXGI::Initialize      | Feature Level    : 0xc100
[I]             DXGI.cpp:335  | Capture::DXGI::Initialize      | Source Format    : DXGI_FORMAT_B8G8R8A8_UNORM
[I]     CaptureFactory.h:86   | CaptureFactory::DetectDevice   | Using DXGI
[I]          Service.cpp:125  | Service::InitPointers          | Total Available : 128 MB
[I]          Service.cpp:126  | Service::InitPointers          | Max Cursor Size :   1 MB
[I]          Service.cpp:127  | Service::InitPointers          | Max Frame Size  :  63 MB
[I]          Service.cpp:128  | Service::InitPointers          | Cursor          : 00000214D5410080 (0x00000080)
[I]          Service.cpp:134  | Service::InitPointers          | Frame 0         : 00000214D5510080 (0x00100080)
[I]          Service.cpp:134  | Service::InitPointers          | Frame 1         : 00000214D9490000 (0x04080000)
[I]             DXGI.cpp:654  | Capture::DXGI::Capture         | Pixel Format     : DXGI_FORMAT_B8G8R8A8_UNORM

Looks right to me.

Looks like it’s working to me.

2 Likes

im still met with this from linux

[imre@localhost client]$ ./looking-glass-client 
[I]               main.c:1047 | run                            | Looking Glass (a12-131-g10217fc8d9+1)
[I]               main.c:1048 | run                            | Locking Method: Atomic
[I]               main.c:1018 | try_renderer                   | Using Renderer: EGL
[I]               main.c:1203 | run                            | Using Clipboard: X11
[I]              spice.c:197  | spice_connect                  | Remote: 127.0.0.1:5900
[E]              spice.c:742  | spice_connect_channel          | socket connect failure
[E]              spice.c:203  | spice_connect                  | connect main channel failed
[E]               main.c:1253 | run                            | Failed to connect to spice server

If you’re not using spice then add -s ALL.

EDIT: Also, make sure you read ALL the switches available, get familiar with them.

2 Likes

worked!!!
thank you so much

thank you @lessaj @SgtAwesomesauce and @gnif

3 Likes

Ok so I did cpu pinning and I also upgraded my qemu to 3.1 and I saw a large improvement in my vm on another monitor but LG is still stuttering a lot.

@gnif